Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

One of the new fangled 73s? Or an HST as Colas do NR test trains now?

Jack.

Well there is a bit of sense in that but the Serco Drivers came with them.  However I understand the ex-Serco driving folk are very miserable bunnies as Colas intend to reduce their pay so there might be something in your idea if Colas are playing hardball with their new employees.

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking DBSO's but now thinking DVT's maybe? Or both?

Ian

Officially, the NR DBSO vehicles should be called RTOV - Remote Train Operating Vehicle, but more usually called Dibsos by the staff.....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Officially, the NR DBSO vehicles should be called RTOV - Remote Train Operating Vehicle, but more usually called Dibsos by the staff.....

Cheers,

Mick

the manual says they are designated DBS (driving brake staff) but as you say they are known as dibso's

• RMweb Premium

Class 50? Don't the Boden ones use the Colas ticket?

Eh!!, I reckon you could be on to something there, 003,  "logs" were mentioned over the page!!

Very good Jim, Logs- class 50's? I see what you did there! :biggrin_mini:

• RMweb Gold

My head hurts!

first day of static on DBSOs for a coach there is a lot to remember, lots of isolating cocks, buttons, gauges, mcb's, so busy didnt even get a chance to get a pic of it

To top it all there is a change of plan and now im staying in bristol instead of cardiff, first time ive driven in bristol and hopefully it will also be thr last, the van is parked up and i have no intention of moving it til thursday, im even willing to walk the mile to temple meads station to avoid driving round this place!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My head hurts!

first day of static on DBSOs for a coach there is a lot to remember, lots of isolating cocks, buttons, gauges, mcb's, so busy didnt even get a chance to get a pic of it

To top it all there is a change of plan and now im staying in bristol instead of cardiff, first time ive driven in bristol and hopefully it will also be thr last, the van is parked up and i have no intention of moving it til thursday, im even willing to walk the mile to temple meads station to avoid driving round this place!

Crikey, that's abit sow/west for you Jim!!

And I agree, Brizzol is a ball ache if you don't know it to well.

• RMweb Gold

I bet there is more MCB's and Isolating cocks on a 323 we managed to brake one today when we isolated the air suspension :jester:

I bet your loving Bristol the last time I was there I missed my last train home and ended up kipping in the BTP office with a cracking breakfast in the morning from the helpful BTP officer on duty I was only 14 at the time !!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Not sure a BDSO is 'new traction'

Well i have to learn it and be assessed on it, i can drive from it therefore it is traction!

Admittedly i thought, "its just a coach" a few weeks back until i have had a few days with them, they are so much more complex than mk3 DVTs which i also know

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well i have to learn it and be assessed on it, i can drive from it therefore it is traction!

Admittedly i thought, "its just a coach" a few weeks back until i have had a few days with them, they are so much more complex than mk3 DVTs which i also know

I was hoping for Deltics - but I'm over it..

Cheers Jim

• RMweb Premium

i so wanted to see the young ones running up the ramp to catch a train to be on university challenge96F9BFB7-07A3-4008-986D-00B2D2E2C43B.jpg

and that was that

The Young Ones "Bambi" - a classic episode! 2.26 into this clip featuring a classic Moterhead track is the one for you Jim

• Like 9