Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Evening all,

Wife made me go out today as I was getting under her feet so I spent an hour at Crewe station and looking on RTT, I saw that the 6S96 Sinfin Sidings to Grangemouth Ineos empty tanks wasn't running, so I was just about to go home when a last check saw that it was 57 minutes late leaving, so I waited for it. It been one of those working I've wanted to photo but always missed it or it's not run.

Today it was 56302 on the Sinfin Sdgs to Grangemouth Ineos tanks and the last time I saw this was when it was working for Fastline.

Mathew

post-8106-0-15687900-1440098719_thumb.jpg

post-8106-0-41418300-1440098794_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

60087 has joined 56113 parked at Doncaster as I passed through on the way home tonight. Not sure when she got there as was on the wrong side of the train this morning (they are stabled on the up side of the ECML south of the station).

Guest B Exam

A strange one today to get 70808 from Toton to Bescot....

First of all, collect from Toton and run light to Rectory Jn (Colwick). Attach said loco to the front of 6E82 12.16 discharged tanks for Lindsey oil refinery piloting train loco 60047.

At Grantham run round as booked and depart for Lindsey oil refinery now with the 70 dead in tow behind 60047.

On arrival at Lindsey, run light to Immingham Transit Quay and stable up 60047. Then take 70808 light engine to Bescot.

All this to save the driver a taxi from Immingham to Toton....

• RMweb Gold

Some from this morning

Shrewsbury again

D074A375-06C4-4152-85E7-6058F698DD8C.jpg

158 heads off towards south wales, a former chiltern collegue at the controls

0D6099E4-94D1-47BD-AC01-4F1D2C77E5AD.jpg

Ecs voyager arriving into the bay platform

DDA7853F-779E-4DEB-AEC8-16D5CE12770F.jpg

And into hereford where im waiting to get a train home

C8FC6DE7-2BA0-41A2-A0E5-800D573A39C6.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

that was that, a nice drive home via buxton and the cat and fiddle, i do enjoy drivign the A6 when its quiet, the railway bridges on the buxton to matlock line still fascinate me no matter how many times i drive under them, one thing's for certain the midland built their structures to last!

How did you get a class 60 over the Cat & Fiddle?

• RMweb Premium

He left a few grooves in the tarmac no doubt. Perhaps Jim borrowed from the skills of the Virgin driver who, according to Richard Branson, skilfully steered his train to a halt.

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures and info as always, Jim. Could I ask why the driver who did not know the route got off and then back on - why did he not just stay in the cab with you? Anything to do with driving hours?

its as simple as i needed my van that he took off me at hatfield to be at chesterfield when i got off so i could go straight home or i would have had to have a taxi back to hatfield for it!

• Like 1

couple from the proper camera, nowt spectacular, just 60087 in Carlisle

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

baglan logs tomorrow morning as far as hereford then a couple of days off and the tanks doncaster to nottingham one day and doncaster to leicester the next, also late next week maiden voyage over the chase line from walsall to rugeley and onward through stoke to crewe

Is that via Stafford or direct route Rugeley to Stoke or is that a daft question.

• RMweb Gold

some from warrington while i waited for my train to arrive

ex chiltern 67 on the llandudno loco hauled service

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

pendolino

DSCF1088.jpg

open fronted pendolino

DSCF1092.jpg

and my train arriving, complete with a bus on the bridge!

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

• Like 13