Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Hi Jim

That Uttoxeter crash on the A50 closed both carriageways for about 6 hours...........chaos reigned.   Air ambulance etc.,  Still you had a nice scenic run home via Stone, Woore, Bridgemere Nurseries......and possibly Dagfields maybe,etc.,?? :nono:

Bob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not me guv, another week of the coal coming up

Quite enjoying it to be honest, tonight its relief in crewe so a 5 min drive to the relieving point (as opposed to 2 1/2 to hours didcot) and then a run straight down the wcml to nuneaton, no messing around trundling round the west midlands!

• Like 2

There have been two Colas 66s most days recently between New Cross and London Bridge and this morning on the out of use lines between New Cross Gate and London Bridge

the one at the London end of the formation was 66867 this morning. The number has been helpfully cleaned. There was a DRS? engine in front of the colas engine on the country end. They had a trainload of lifted track. Meanwhile on the SE lines, the engineers train is top and tailed by EWS engines

Jim,

Seems Colas doesn't like Gloucester New Yard at all, 4V12 headed by 70809 heading into the yard with it's wagons has come a cropper again, 6th and 7th wagons come off the rails. The picture I've seen is the usual team of people looking at how to move the wagons back onto the rails and there's a Texaco man refuelling the loco while it's all going on.

Mat

the one at the London end of the formation was 66867 this morning. The number has been helpfully cleaned. There was a DRS? engine in front of the colas engine on the country end. They had a trainload of lifted track. Meanwhile on the SE lines, the engineers train is top and tailed by EWS engines

Country end Colas loco declared a failure, couldn't get it off site last night, couldn't run round either. GBRf 66 ran as 1Z99 ex Hoo to drop onto the country end, but circumstances meant the train couldn't come off this morning. Should be off in the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

Interesting tidbit - there have been rumours of GB class 20s for some of the Easter work, as some trains need to enter via Greenwich (banned to 66s) and GB are short on 73s.

Edited by dp123

• RMweb Gold

Evening Jim

Have you heard much about today's derailment. Do you know what happened?

Not heard anything about it, even if i had i wouldnt be discussing it on here!! Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As i say using tonight as an opportunity to assess a driver, had to catch a train from crewe to shrewsbury to pick it up there

A few pics just for mick, a test train with 67027 and 67012 top and tail

3FEFA44A-3D94-420A-815B-945643504B17.jpg

DFA56DB5-65B3-4582-94A3-BBF744535871.jpg

And one for the prototype pics mick, a grey primed door on the coach

01E7B3A8-B7D9-4987-92AF-6E1DDB3251BB.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

A grey door! Like it.

Did you get the number of it please?

Looks like one of the PLPR vehicles. 72631/72639/5981. Certainly not 1256 as that's an ex FO.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Jim wouldn't be able to say what happened at Gloucester N.Y because it would be the end of this thread on rmweb as he's get dismissed for breach of contract in discussing internal affairs which haven't yet been fully investigated. He's find it hard getting another job on the railways once they find out he was using social media to discuss internal matters that were ongoing. 

• RMweb Premium

Jim wouldn't be able to say what happened at Gloucester N.Y because it would be the end of this thread on rmweb as he's get dismissed for breach of contract in discussing internal affairs which haven't yet been fully investigated. He's find it hard getting another job on the railways once they find out he was using social media to discuss internal matters that were ongoing.

Hi Jim

Sorry I asked a silly question like that.

Phil

P.s. I have deleted that post I made.

• RMweb Gold

Dont worry about it, It would have been sillier if i'd have answered it!!

I obviously keep out of the internal politics etc in this thread, just try to keep it interesting with pics that people wouldnt normally get to see

• Like 4