Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Ha ha well moral of the story if you don't like the sound of trains or can't get use to it don't live next to a railway line

I live next to a line that sees the odd 70 (but not for a few weeks now) and it's 1:120 grade. They even sound good howling downhill with the dynamic brake fans on full power.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Cant help with that one sorry!!

One from the other night, had to do an assessment on someone on the log train

DEFEBDD7-D510-41E6-98BB-62D9F4D565A6.jpg

In tomorrow, off to sinfin then thats me done til boxing day when i head off for 3 days work in london

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I know it is a long time ago! But does anyone know the identity of the Colas 70 which was at Willesden Junction dc lines in the engineering works on 30th & 31st October?

Rob K

70804  COLO  WILSDNJLL   WILSDNJLL    C                 N

70805  COLO  WILSDNJLL   WILSDNJLL    C                 N

Early good morning Jim,

I'd like to put a big thank you in from an old steam fan, you've given all of your 'followers' a great year with wonderful pictures and informative comment. Look forward to lots more and meantime, I hope that you and your family have a lovely time over the festive season.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for sharing your work.

Have a good few days off and enjoy the festivities.

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers, looking forward to a bit of time off but got to drive down to beaconsfield tomorrow though, wifes 40th birthday present, a weekend of west end shows (book of mormon and wicked again for me!!)

Then boxing day back down to london for a couple of jobs in holloway and london bridge!

Are the timings for sinfin about the same as the 56 is usually waiting to get into the fuel farm about half 12, which is good for me as it's lunch?

By the way top pictures.

Its been retimed in the new timetable but i normally head down the branch about 12:00-12:30 for a 13:37 departure, it then takes 4 hours to get back to crewe by the time we shunt back, run round twice etc, a proper pain if your running on time but useful if you depart late for whatever reason as you can get a bit of time back, its booked to sit in caverswell loop now too which i did today, first time ive been in there in over 6 years!

I went back down early today (10:00) as we needed to replenish the sandboxes from a van on the branch (and i went christmas shopping in sainsburys!)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I honestly thought that this shot of Jim's was from part of his model layout. It's the most "model railway" real life picture I've ever seen. Even now a part of me can't quite believe it's not a model.

I agree. The other thing that struck me is the perspective seemed reversed. The back end seems larger than the front. Must be because the front end is in shadow!

• 2 weeks later...