Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

a few from today using the sony camera on the pole, all freehand pics

warrington bank quay, taken WELL away from any ohle!!

9E1069DB-5C4D-4910-A57A-3E2A6C2F4DE8.jpg

in chirk, after dark, waiting to set back into kronospan with the camera at full reach!

7ED61CAF-21E8-4960-BC93-17F8296337E2.jpg

and just to show the difference between normal height and 'full reach' these photos are from the same vantage point on the ground

CC21EBB1-563A-4494-AA0C-7103EA2D545A.jpg

4FC8169F-40FD-4BC2-954C-665D8894D85A.jpg

as i say, both freehand so a little blurry but pleased with the results under the yard lights

Don't ever, ever forget where you are with that set up, and always check for non OLE overhead power lines.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

on the coal again this week but doing landor st-ratcliffe-landor st

far too wet and wild for pics this morning but a couple after our arrival at landor st on the return from the sony camera, nothing of any real interest but here for the record

BF67E8FD-B81D-457F-A3EB-EBFC0F836F82.jpg

E6A9009B-7A51-45F7-AB23-D4520F42A05A.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

just a few from today, same job, different places, all from the lens camera

dont worry i had a block on the line i'm stood on to run round!

A41F7868-503B-49F8-BFF4-7439828DBF90.jpg

toton

E1B97763-53DD-44B0-B312-EBBFAC528BBC.jpg

stenson Jn

475B3B0A-B0F9-4CB4-ACC6-EB73810F917C.jpg

derby bound voyager

46FEEFE1-A9D6-41CD-87A0-2D0492F8C03B.jpg

willington power station cooling towers

ACC2AA11-E55F-4356-BB00-E6A21595A92E.jpg

where to get pictures tomorrow? on the same job again

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

too long!

its a full 12 hour job by the time i get to brum and back in the van with about 8 hours driving in it, you do get a lot of sitting around time on it though, 3 hours in humberstone loop in the middle of the night where you can get a good sleep, then there is 1 hour in elford on the return but you do get a break in the power station either before or after discharging the coal where there are proper facilities and a cafe, vending machines etc

its a bit of a grueller to be honest but there are currently only a handful of us who sign landor st to the power station but once more drivers pass out or learn the route from landor st it will make the job shorter as we can say do landor-ratcliffe-toton instead, taking 3 hours off the job

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

a bit blurry but taken from the pole freehand at 01:00 this morning its not come out TOO bad!!

5BA4D4F9-AAB8-4712-9609-FFD5ABB36291.jpg

7C04DF5C-8A11-4C46-98AC-12DE76E2F8FF.jpg

also spotted this outside toytown earlier, another 60 for us, don't know which one though?

2BE6A9DB-1924-4D61-A34A-292AD465CDEA.jpg

we very nearly had a 50 on the coal earlier (briefly), we had to do a wagon swap at washwood heath and 50007 bought the wagon down from heartlands park, unfortunatly boden was given the wrong info that the wagon to be removed was at the rear of the train so had positioned it north of the 50 to simply drop on the rear of the train, had it have been positioned correctly at the south end he would have been able to have drawn out and backed it onto the train and i could have got a pic of 50007 at the head of the train!!

as it was at the end of my day and i wanted to get off home i didnt wait to bother getting a pic of the 50 

• Like 12

a bit blurry but taken from the pole freehand at 01:00 this morning its not come out TOO bad!!

5BA4D4F9-AAB8-4712-9609-FFD5ABB36291.jpg

7C04DF5C-8A11-4C46-98AC-12DE76E2F8FF.jpg

also spotted this outside toytown earlier, another 60 for us, don't know which one though?

2BE6A9DB-1924-4D61-A34A-292AD465CDEA.jpg

we very nearly had a 50 on the coal earlier (briefly), we had to do a wagon swap at washwood heath and 50007 bought the wagon down from heartlands park, unfortunatly boden was given the wrong info that the wagon to be removed was at the rear of the train so had positioned it north of the 50 to simply drop on the rear of the train, had it have been positioned correctly at the south end he would have been able to have drawn out and backed it onto the train and i could have got a pic of 50007 at the head of the train!!

as it was at the end of my day and i wanted to get off home i didnt wait to bother getting a pic of the 50

60076 Is your new toy sat outside the shed at Toytown.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The clarity in both colour and B&W is stunning Jim with the focus detail of the 66 and great sense of the passing express`s speed.

kind of agree with Mick if you ignore the rest in the picture the 66 alone could be a great model shot. may be a shot a mick`s 66 he just repainted to that no name blue company yuk lol.

Another side your cameras pick out well is the track/ballast and nearby scenery in great detail.

No, its real......

And dont call me shirley!

Shirley you don't mean that! ;)

Seeing the TNT 37s on the West Midlands Water Jetting set up almost echo's the two 47s on the West Country circuit on which Colas really built their business up from a few years ago. Funny how history almost repeats itself , albeit with 37s and in the Midlands.

Has '175 lost an engine room door? It seems to be missing something in this rather unusual shot of it about to emerge down under Moor Street and into the depths of New Street.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326089@N02/15407627799/in/photolist-ptCEaX-ptEYnN-ptCbeu-ptw7Xa-pL8DHL-oNSVu7-ptwLUx-oPdRDF-pL55CB-oPgB2P-oP8epN-pER1E9-pojAjN-ab8QkE-awBSDa/

That or Colas are planning a move into the Beer moving trade, as it now appears to read Colas ail Freight! IE Guinness Kegs anyone?

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Gold

Shirley you don't mean that! ;)

Seeing the TNT 37s on the West Midlands Water Jetting set up almost echo's the two 47s on the West Country circuit on which Colas really built their business up from a few years ago. Funny how history almost repeats itself , albeit with 37s and in the Midlands.

Has '175 lost an engine room door? It seems to be missing something in this rather unusual shot of it about to emerge down under Moor Street and into the depths of New Street.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326089@N02/15407627799/in/photolist-ptCEaX-ptEYnN-ptCbeu-ptw7Xa-pL8DHL-oNSVu7-ptwLUx-oPdRDF-pL55CB-oPgB2P-oP8epN-pER1E9-pojAjN-ab8QkE-awBSDa/

That or Colas are planning a move into the Beer moving trade, as it now appears to read Colas ail Freight! IE Guinness Kegs anyone?

That working had just come through New st I took the photo as we was running side by side all the way to Grand Junction the driver seemed very happy in his work as we passed him but the engine side door just seemed to be open as it was closed again when I passed it the next day while it was stabled at Kings Norton Colas depot.

Cheers 

Cov Guard

Colin

• Like 1

Morning Jim,

Just caught up after a few days off - usual fascinating record of the railways today! They do seem to be getting their 'money's worth' out of you on those recent runs, it is a tough schedule.

We had the RHTT pass the bottom of our garden on Wednesday, hauled by a 37 and a 57, the latter being if anything, filthier than the Colas 37 shown in the links above. It was plain yellow below the dirt so probably network rail?

Keep up the great work, very interesting indeed,

Kind regards,

Jock.