Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

going back a few days, a couple of pictures from banbury road on the bicester branch, the siding the train is stood on is the same one we laid the ballast in a couple of weeks back!!

BDEBAC89-1C03-499E-AC15-E5D4F82856A0.jpg

E1A155DE-8636-40DC-9174-2A1BFCE95FB4.jpg

F1EC13DB-BADC-44CC-A341-8F31404E922D.jpg

EDIT: revised pics added

Edited by big jim
  • Like 16

That first pic of the 56 60 makes the 60 look alot bigger than the 56?

Is it just the photo angle doing that or is it a much bigger Loco?

That Lens is quite something, very handy for many shots!!

Regards,

Gordon.

I think that the class 60 is a bigger loco however it's not that much bigger than a class 56.

• Like 2

I think that the class 60 is a bigger loco however it's not that much bigger than a class 56.

The 60 is 7 foot longer.....2 metres approx....so not that much longer then..??????!!!!

The 56 is inches wider, but the 60 is inches taller........................but it is a different loco over the buffers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

had a go with the lens camera earlier.....

here is a pic i took in hinksey

285FBF3E-E555-4550-980A-084FDDA0E545.jpg

which i cropped and straightened with the photoshop express app on the phone

7049253D-2247-4B7F-9344-994F35F4D778_1.j

and one in banbury, its a bit blurred but the train was moving at about 75mph!

1B915D44-230A-4707-8D4B-095F2E284937.jpg

not bad results, got some more pics on the big camera that i'll upload when i get home in a few days

one from the iphone though, had to wait for this while i run round in tame bridge

DA3D53B0-403C-4700-8204-1CB52D9761D9.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

i'll upgrade the firmware when i get home, it came up the other day when i first turned it on

ive not got a micro sd in it but i think ive set it so the pics sent to the phone are 18mp, from what i can make out it will only record HD video if there is a chip in too, not tried that function yet

if you use the micro sd does it still send the pictures to the phones camera roll as you take them or do you use the "view camera pictures" setting to transfer them afterwards?

Hi Jim

The Sinfin tanks were late through Uttoxeter this morning about 9.30........hauled by a red Schenker 60 and a dead Colas 56.

This evening the tanks worked back, with two Colas locos on, both 56's i think, the lead one working, so i expect the dead one was the one from this morning..

The working 56 was a very smokey one, lots of continuous blue diesel smoke.

Dont have any numbers as they took me a little by surprise.

Bob

That last pic does make you wonder why we still need yellow panels - there's almost more rust than dirty/flaky paint!

Cheers,

Mick

It does look like it needs trip through the washer.  Have to agree about the warning panels although on that particular engine they help!   Didn't like them to begin with - still don't and have they actually saved life or limb over the years?

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim

The Sinfin tanks were late through Uttoxeter this morning about 9.30........hauled by a red Schenker 60 and a dead Colas 56.

This evening the tanks worked back, with two Colas locos on, both 56's i think, the lead one working, so i expect the dead one was the one from this morning..

The working 56 was a very smokey one, lots of continuous blue diesel smoke.

Dont have any numbers as they took me a little by surprise.

Bob

56094 on the inbound - 60040 providing assistance.

56094/56302 on the outbound

hth

• RMweb Gold

I think its a good thing that the trams seem to be making a comeback!! Bit of a pain to be restricted to 45 MPH though, being harder to path etc.

Not trams (or TRAMMs) but Twin Jib Cranes, also known as tracklayers