Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Oasis bottle is much better!!

or a bucket and if all else fails the window.

am I the only one who thinks Jim`s post are rather short n quite, so guessing he took the 70 on a joy test drive of the whole network but not letting on. spot the 70 near you soon :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

the reason my posts are short is i've hardly been home long enough to upload my piccies now i use a proper camera most of the time!

this weekend is going to be a busy one too, coal job tonight, DJing for an hour tomorrow evening and then straight off to a possession in birmingham at the end of my set, day off sunday, conducting 70802 from liverpool on monday morning then driving to hampshire straight afterwards , 2 day assessor course in portsmouth tues/wed then over to eastleigh to do the class 70 course the rest of the week!!

• RMweb Premium

the reason my posts are short is i've hardly been home long enough to upload my piccies now i use a proper camera most of the time!

this weekend is going to be a busy one too, coal job tonight, DJing for an hour tomorrow evening and then straight off to a possession in birmingham at the end of my set, day off sunday, conducting 70802 from liverpool on monday morning then driving to hampshire straight afterwards , 2 day assessor course in portsmouth tues/wed then over to eastleigh to do the class 70 course the rest of the week!!

Big suit case required then

It you.

Edited by Trainshed Terry

• RMweb Gold

day 1 of my busy weekend out of the way, possession train in cradley heath, a night of 'move forward 3 wagons' driver then 3 hours of nothing so managed a bit of sleep, 66602 this time on it

tomorrow is 70802 off the docks in liverpool then a van drive to hampshire afterwards!

• RMweb Premium

day 1 of my busy weekend out of the way, possession train in cradley heath, a night of 'move forward 3 wagons' driver then 3 hours of nothing so managed a bit of sleep, 66602 this time on it

tomorrow is 70802 off the docks in liverpool then a van drive to hampshire afterwards!

Is there a lot of swapping of drivers and loco's between operators for the NR work?

• RMweb Gold

Is there a lot of swapping of drivers and loco's between operators for the NR work?

i dont know how it works, there must be a requirement for someone to provide a driver as required, last week the same train had an ews engine one end and a freightliner one the other!

a few more pics from the last week or so, nowt spectacular this time sorry!

called in at the co-op in atherstone on my way to nuneaton, its right next to the station so i decided to have 10 mins there getting some pics, no freight but a lot of virgin stuff!!

DSCF6408.jpg

DSCF6409.jpg

DSCF6412.jpg

DSCF6413.jpg

and on to hinksey where 70805 picked up 804 to take it on to westbury

DSCF6416.jpg

not much room between them....

DSCF6417.jpg

DSCF6418.jpg

and one from friday, not a particularly good pic but i've had a go at touching it up a bit on photobucket, there was no light on the loco side at all!!

DSCF6422.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

not much room between them....

First decent pic I've seen with them coupled up - they certainly are close - probably exaggerated by the extended bodywork around the over-ride blocks

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

i dont know how it works, there must be a requirement for someone to provide a driver as required, last week the same train had an ews engine one end and a freightliner one the other! a few more pics from the last week or so, nowt spectacular this time sorry! called in at the co-op in atherstone on my way to nuneaton, its right next to the station so i decided to have 10 mins there getting some pics, no freight but a lot of virgin stuff!! DSCF6408.jpg DSCF6409.jpg DSCF6412.jpg DSCF6413.jpg and on to hinksey where 70805 picked up 804 to take it on to westbury DSCF6416.jpg not much room between them.... DSCF6417.jpg DSCF6418.jpg and one from friday, not a particularly good pic but i've had a go at touching it up a bit on photobucket, there was no light on the loco side at all!! DSCF6422.jpg

Sorry Jim

I meant is it quite common to drive other operators locos ?

• RMweb Gold

Check what is actually in it, first...

Best, Pete.

I wouldn't touch it - but it amused me, I reckon Jim has been scouting for business in Ellesmere Port docks ... I know he's currently doing business in Liverpool docks, so not too far away.

• RMweb Gold

Firat part of todays job done, 70802 from liverpool to bescot, on time departure from the docks and early running pretty much most of the way

One iphone pic so far, the rest are on the camera which i'll download before i carry on with the 2nd part of the day, driving to portsmouth!!

70802 waiting to leave seaforth

31338E80-8046-423C-9E73-B96C9A12AD1B.jpg

• Like 7

Firat part of todays job done, 70802 from liverpool to bescot, on time departure from the docks and early running pretty much most of the way

One iphone pic so far, the rest are on the camera which i'll download before i carry on with the 2nd part of the day, driving to portsmouth!!

70802 waiting to leave seaforth

31338E80-8046-423C-9E73-B96C9A12AD1B.jpg

I know you were running early...........too early for me to pop out at lunch and get a picture :( I needed you to be the same minutes late as you were early in Crewe!!!!!!!!