Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Been enjoying the thread, certainly very interesting to the see the variety of things you get upto! Does make me sit there and think "I want that as a job!" Maybe one day, when I've grown even more fed up with the NHS.

Attached are a few pics taken earlier in the month at Stenson Junction, with all the locos Colas use (at the moment!) in evidence.

First up is 47739 "Robin of Templecombe" working a heavy sounding 6Z88 Burton Wetmore Sidings to Whitemoor. 10.10.130

post-7258-0-72685000-1383654692_thumb.jpg

Next up came 66848 with the empty 4V30 Ratcliffe PS to Avonmouth. 10.10.13

post-7258-0-03135500-1383654707_thumb.jpg

And finally, running late, came 56105 with 6S96 Sinfin to Grangemouth Ineos. 10.10.13

post-7258-0-78565900-1383654716_thumb.jpg

Not a bad variety for a few hours!

Andy.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

nice pics

just had a look at my timesheet for that week to see what i was on, thought i may have been on the 56 which i wasn't.

however i had been on that 66 earlier in the day from bringing it into toton and was back on it later the same evening from didcot

• RMweb Gold

i've had a 3 hour layover in leicester every night, 

so is it you I see sat in Knighton loop on the viaduct most evenings? :D

no, i sit in humberstone road, the one at knighton is a freightliner coming from the burton branch

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

a few pics from last night, bescot to hinksey, had a while to wait in bescot so got some pics of the sparkly schenker shunter

DSCF5576.jpg

DSCF5580.jpg

DSCF5588.jpg

and my train for the evening, 88646 with an OCA and 10 loaded side tippers

DSCF5593.jpg

on the logs tomorrow and sunday then back to the caol on monday!

• Like 19

Hi Could I ask if all classes of engines can travel on all the Network?

Thinking that the Warships for example, I have never seen on ECoast line.

even when they were operating. Are they designed for particular curves or gradients ect.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask?

Gordon W

• RMweb Premium

a few pics from last night, bescot to hinksey, had a while to wait in bescot so got some pics of the sparkly schenker shunter

Schould that be schenker schunter?

and my train for the evening, 88646 with an OCA and 10 loaded side tippers

Schurely that schould be 66848 - oops oh schit, 66846......

Scheers,

Mick

:jester:

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just found this thread again, great stuff as always & really makes me wish there was a bit (LOT) more freight activity down this way.... :(

The 2nd pic of the Schenker Schunter should really go into the "real things that look like models" thread.... :;)

Andy - pardon my ignorance but what is being carried on this train: It looks like beer kegs...?

Beer keg train now we're talking

Edit due to evil predictive text

Edited by hammy

• RMweb Gold

only a couple of pics today, been working nights all week and being as its been cold during my layover in leicester/burton/bordesley ive been keeping warm in the cab rather than trying to get some night shots (not that you can in bordesley anyway)

wcr charter passing my train at saltney, the road between the 66 and 57 is the old bank engine siding for locos used to push trains up the camp hill line, the line to the right of the 66 is the old entrance to saltney depot which is now a short loop with a stabling neck at the end

8C7FA1CD-791B-40AD-8BCB-EFFAD1087DEA.jpg

and the train departing for gloucester with a fellow rmwebber driving, the signal gantry behind takes you out of the depot entrance loop, the lead wagon is over the points, and the road nearest the camera with the GPL on is practically all that is left of saltney depot's track!

EDF00CAB-A2A4-4DEA-BB1F-B6AFED8BCEB0.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

just a couple again, didnt bother with the camera tonight so just iphone pics, slightly edited on there using photoshop express, not fantastic but ok

basically a short run from bescot to banbury, 66849 with a rake of loaded autoballasters, 500 or so tons so went quite well

on arrival into banbury

ED8C8ACE-0E98-4DFB-A09B-18B4E1B71E91.jpg

and these were sat in the yard/on the goods

E6CADFB6-D3BD-4633-8787-01948B9D5A04.jpg

might take the camera tomorrow for some proper pics

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

just a couple again, didnt bother with the camera tonight so just iphone pics, slightly edited on there using photoshop express, not fantastic but ok

basically a short run from bescot to banbury, 66849 with a rake of loaded autoballasters, 500 or so tons so went quite well

on arrival into banbury

ED8C8ACE-0E98-4DFB-A09B-18B4E1B71E91.jpg

and these were sat in the yard/on the goods

E6CADFB6-D3BD-4633-8787-01948B9D5A04.jpg

might take the camera tomorrow for some proper pics

If only some one was to produce S stock in 3D print I would model the 20's on the front aswell.

Now I have an excuse for a Colas 66!

Interesting to see the Arriva DVT back on Chiltern again!!

• Like 1