From my limited experience an absolute essential element of any residential, small town scene. So can anyone recommend the best quality HO source? I tried google but for some reason didnt come up with much.

• RMweb Premium

I have used Stewart Products flags. They are thin card and come with pole, base & cord.

Theres a range of different flags, I have C&NW and US.  http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/683-950

Microscale do decals.

Miniatronics corp do a working waving flag! http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/475-9005001

I searched Walthers website using Flag as the keyword and it brought up the various options.

• RMweb Premium

Heres a pic of the Stewart Products flag. Its as built from kit so needs a little bit more work.

I think it needs some bends to make it look like its moving in the breeze.

post-77-0-33349300-1364892447_thumb.jpg

"OldGlory" is flown by about  40% of the denizens of our road. Usually mounted on a 45 degree post mounted on the house next to the front door. Quite large too - at least 4ft in length minimum. It's what they have instead of royalty (and cheaper too).

Best, Pete.

"OldGlory" is flown by about  40% of the denizens of our road. Usually mounted on a 45 degree post mounted on the house next to the front door. Quite large too - at least 4ft in length minimum. It's what they have instead of royalty (and cheaper too).

Best, Pete.

Looking out my window across the street - my neighbor's always got his flag out...there's a couple of more down the street.

There's guy up in the Watchung Mountains, who's house I regularly pass, he flies a small Union Flag surmounted by a very large English flag (Cross of St. George).

I think I agree with what Shortliner has said in another thread, once you leave your homeland you become more patriotic (except me apparently).

Best, Pete.

There's guy up in the Watchung Mountains, who's house I regularly pass, he flies a small Union Flag surmounted by a very large English flag (Cross of St. George).

I think I agree with what Shortliner has said in another thread, once you leave your homeland you become more patriotic (except me apparently).

Best, Pete.

But have you got a picture of HRH the Queen hung on your wall instead?

A lot of it depends on region.  The Omaha area has always flown a lot of flags.   Its pretty common to have every major business in an industrial park flying a flag and some of them are pretty big, 20-30 ft long. After 9-11 I flew a flag in front of my house every day for a solid year.  I still have the flag stored with newspapers from that day.  I fly a flag on all public holidays.  On the 4th of july a real estate company puts a small flag by the driveway of every house in the neighborhood.

All this talk of flags has heightened my awareness.  When I left work today, standing by the curb where I work I could see 18 US flags.  On the drive down the interstate highway, there was at least one US flag visible in any given mile stretch of the highway.  Driving on the main roads in the suburbs there were at least 1 or 2 US flags visible from pretty much any point on the main roads.  There are a LOT of flags flying in Omaha.

But have you got a picture of HRH the Queen hung on your wall instead?

Closest I have is a very large "blow up" of Eric Clapton playing with Cream at the "original" Farewell concert at the RAH.........when we were all young......

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Spooky, just heard "Badge" on the radio, with dear old Brian Matthews, followed by the "Who" - "I can see for miles"! 

The sun's shining over here so, I might go looking for a flag to wave!

Edit:  Apologies for this gratuitous plug of old bands and songs!

All the best!

Good God! How old is Brian? "I can See for Miles" is my favourite The Who single. "Badge" has George Harrison on second guitar - most people think it is him playing that "chiming" centre section - it is not, that was Eric, George is playing the rhythm part starting at the first bar........

Best, Pete.

Archived