Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Just in case you haven't , but I'm sure that you will have considered the fine chains offered in costume jewelry outlets, I'm guessing but  think they are likely to be Anodised Aluminium so not suitable for soldering.

I'm going for fake chain made of twisted wire Don. It will be soldered to the tank lever so that it remains hanging from the tank towards the floor even if the board is tipped.

When ever I see high level cisterns I think of my son. When four or five we were camping in Cornwall, whilst having dinner in a beer garden he need to go to the bathroom. A little while later he returns absolutely soaked. When we stopped laughing we discovered there was no chain. But by standing on tippee toes on the seat holding the flush pipe could just reach the lever. At the moment of success the feet slipped the flush pipe gave way. Guess the rest.

That little building is really look good. The textures are lovely.

Edited by N15class

• RMweb Premium

I've had a day off work today and in between other things have been thinking about the cottages that go at the rear rhs.

Started thinking that the row needed to be shorter and steeper graded. Bottom is as per prototype and top amended (schoolboy error on the doors and chimneys lining up).

post-6675-0-42521700-1496253939_thumb.jpg

And in place on the layout.

post-6675-0-41560200-1496253985_thumb.jpeg

Mark told me that looked rubbish.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

He was right, so I modified the gradient of the prototype cottages but keeping their length.

post-6675-0-11606000-1496254088_thumb.jpeg

post-6675-0-31466000-1496254107_thumb.jpeg

Bridge deck raised to about the right level. Ruler is the line of the path running along the top of the retaining wall. Sticks at the rhs are steps up to the road. Gardens slope down from the cottages to the path.

Must get an Old Gringo figure to stand on the path with old bike, sarnies, bottle of pop and spotters book.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Too steep for alternative cottages...

post-6675-0-68560300-1496444858_thumb.jpg

Cottages from Dunmere next to where the Wenford line crossed the road into Bodmin. Cottages narrower and the road steeper than I remember. Never mind.

• Like 1