Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Too late for that on the original but will try it on the plastered over version.

So glad I didn't do the trial on the wharf building!

As the one who recommended this product I have a red face but perhaps a man with your skill could experiment a bit with it.

• RMweb Premium

As the one who recommended this product I have a red face but perhaps a man with your skill could experiment a bit with it.

Done a bit of playing, ignore the colour but I think that the texture is closer...

post-6675-0-60293600-1496088545_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

OK, next steps in the build...

post-6675-0-51702900-1496176106_thumb.jpg

Getting the height right, needs a smidge more:

post-6675-0-11303000-1496176154_thumb.jpg

And some time later...

post-6675-0-74168500-1496176270_thumb.jpg

And the road test:

post-6675-0-25725100-1496176299_thumb.jpg

Still some smoothing down to do but I think it's good enough for the wharf building's smallest room.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

May I commend you on your artistry and expertise in creating such an important feature for Pencarrow.

I must ask - is it a Twyfords or Armitage Shanks version ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

May I commend you on your artistry and expertise in creating such an important feature for Pencarrow.

I must ask - is it a Twyfords or Armitage Shanks version ?

Local Cornish outfit, Trepoowee.

• RMweb Premium

Moving on from toilets...

Reading the article about Morfa Bank Sidings in the latest MRJ, I came across mention of a Preiser walling product:

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=PR18215

I'm always on the lookout for different stone finishes so this interests me. Anyone used it?

Not the answer you're looking for Chris but I do have some unused ( I think I have ?) somewhere. It was proposed to use it in a Bavarian themed layout.

What I did do was make a mould of one section and cast a piece in plaster as a trial for possible future use just in case I were to need more.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Not the answer you're looking for Chris but I do have some unused ( I think I have ?) somewhere. It was proposed to use it in a Bavarian themed layout.

What I did do was make a mould of one section and cast a piece in plaster as a trial for possible future use just in case I were to need more.

Cheers

Interesting. Is it hard solid plastic like the Wills sheets or a softer foam type? How thick is it??

I now need to make a handle from the tank and a long chain. Plus perhaps a nail and some squares of paper.

Just in case you haven't , but I'm sure that you will have considered the fine chains offered in costume jewelry outlets, I'm guessing but  think they are likely to be Anodised Aluminium so not suitable for soldering.

It's similar to the Wills solid plastic from memory but not quite as thick. I'm off out shortly but I'll try and find it later if it helps and post a piccy for you. If in the meantime someone else answers I will still do it for my own peace of mind.

Should I find the pack I'm happy to send you some if you wish.

Grahame

• RMweb Premium

It's similar to the Wills solid plastic from memory but not quite as thick. I'm off out shortly but I'll try and find it later if it helps and post a piccy for you. If in the meantime someone else answers I will still do it for my own peace of mind.

Should I find the pack I'm happy to send you some if you wish.

Grahame

Very generous Grahame, would appreciate that.