Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Do some more photos please Chris or better still bring them round to mine for me to have a proper look at. ;) You're right,I will be pleased.

post-126-0-97507200-1490373071.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not that i know much about WR coaches but i was a little surprised that the set i bought, which was sold as a Bodmin set, doesn't have the Bodmin Branch markings on the ends. No markings, nothing. I thought I'd seen photos of other Lionheart coach sets with the end markings on.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like they are selling well! You see why i was expecting "Bodmin #1" on the ends...

Could it be that the Bodmin ones are famously the ones without marking

Edited for clarity, I was just messing with Chris, I have no idea whether they had wording or not.  in general it is better not to pay attention to anything I say

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Could it be that the Bodmin ones are famously the ones without marking

Andy

I didn't even notice till now - I just assumed BR didn't have the wording. Ploughed through all my books and a bit inconclusive but various photos of the flush sided type of B set in crimson don't have any wording. I've posted photos of the same set in the trade and products, smaller suppliers 'ex lionheart' thread (took me 3 days to get round to modelling them on the table!) Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

Found lots of shots in the old Bradford Barton books of pairs on various lines in 50s crimson, all without any wording. (The Tower photo is from a 4 coach set which could have retained it).

Many thanks for looking and your confirmation, very useful.

• RMweb Premium

2ManySpams is at a place with quite a few spams.

post-6675-0-76536500-1491115125_thumb.jpg

All five running superbly. Very interesting to hear the subtle differences between the 2 originals, the original fitted with a giesl ejector and the 2 rebuilds.

• Like 3