Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Some others already do, it helps keep them out of the bar.  ;)

Is that an advantage or disadvantage?

Problem in 7mm is finding stuff compact enough to work on that can be packed easily. Also I can see soldering setting off the fire alarm and painting/gluing having me reported to the police for solvent abuse!

I may start taking up a building shell in flat pack form - there's a fair few stone blocks to be scribed

• RMweb Premium

Talking of white stuff, the lake district had a smattering of snow and it looks like the lumpy bits between Carlisle and Glasgow have some too. Train seems much slower than normal. A fair few embankment slope repairs evident. Perhaps a slack due to the sodden nature of the PW?

• RMweb Gold

Chris,

You must have 7mm figures that need painting, and odds and sods like doors, benches, gates, etc.

Also, if you stay at the same place in Glasgow each week, could the hotel keep a locked box for you, to save carrying it each trip ? 

The 60/40 solder should be ok for doing the basic joints and then use the 145 for adding detail.

Don

Yes you can use 60/40 but from my experience their is a disadvantage, when used the build up in the corner of joints is considerably larger than using 188/145 deg solders which have other components added besides lead and tin, the C&L site used to give the composition of these solders but I can no longer find it

So using 60/40 will result in more clean up being required, so use it in places were cleaning surplus solder away is not required

A Parkside wagon kit is a useful diversion when in a hotel. You can put them together with few tools and a bottle of butane plus some superglue. I usefully take a couple of scalpels, a needle file and some tweezers and a pair of pliers (round nose).

Paul R

• RMweb Gold

Chris, you need a 'Fungus the Bogeyman' like Uncle Gringo (I'm sure he'll do you a diagram!), he manages to fit just about everything he needs in there.

(and don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong with the DGs, not that anything will mind.)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If you'd like to go up the towers yourself Robin, they are offering the gen public 2014 tickets in 2014. Want me to get you one?

Absolutely not.I'd need some clean underwear. :jester: