A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

You have my sympathies, Robin, but as others have said, don't worry too much about it. Nothing worthwhile that I have ever done has been achieved without a lot of blood, sweat, tears and bad language.

It seems especially true that a build that you think will go smoothly will, if fact, be full of trials, tribulations and many opportunities for 'character building'.

Many a true word there CK.

• RMweb Gold

You have my sympathies, Robin, but as others have said, don't worry too much about it. Nothing worthwhile that I have ever done has been achieved without a lot of blood, sweat, tears and bad language.

Can you confirm or deny your presence in Buckinghamshire this Sunday yet. :good: 

• RMweb Gold

Can you confirm or deny your presence in Buckinghamshire this Sunday yet. :good:

There is a chance that an opportunity may or may not arise to issue an Official (or Unofficial) Statement to the effect that CK and other colleagues from the general environs of South Devon may or may not be planning to arrive at the venue at exactly 10-ish on the day in question.

• RMweb Premium

There is a chance that an opportunity may or may not arise to issue an Official (or Unofficial) Statement to the effect that CK and other colleagues from the general environs of South Devon may or may not be planning to arrive at the venue at exactly 10-ish on the day in question.

Or in shorthand: a load of folk from swagland will be there on Sunday about 10am.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is your middle name Ambiguous. :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our burgers!"

Wille Wallace

Edited by ian
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One week away and such a lot of good stuff to catch up on.  Back in working days I used to laugh at colleagues whose first priority on return from holiday was to catch up on five episodes of Corrie or Eastenders or whatever.  I'm getting like that with ANTB.

But keep the pics coming!

• RMweb Gold

Braveheart????? Are they having a laugh? Bad enough making up bogus names but what does that have to do with Devon or any other BR Standard names?

M Gibson

Don't forget a couple of years ago these people repainted, renumbered and renamed a Manor class. Promotion to Jo Public is everything to make money. History is bunk.