A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Never mind all they pannier and 45xx's I need to work out how to make and fix some coupling rods to my newly born grandsons pram !

Yours

A very proud and happy Grandfather :)

• Like 3

It did seem to be slowing a bit, perhaps it had caught the first one up and found that the Up Distant for Rattery was 'on'.

I think the cameraman missed part of Tintagel's fastest qualifying lap at the ANTB circuit and it was slowing down to pit at Tigley when he caught it for the second time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Umm, lamps on the second loco?

Guilty as charged My Lord . Unfortunately these are Springside as opposed to Modelu lamps and are therefore glued and not interchangeable, another compromise. I need to pick some more up at Railex.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Guilty as charged My Lord . Unfortunately these are Springside as opposed to Modelu lamps and are therefore glued and not interchangeable, another compromise. I need to pick some more up at Railex.

"Error admitted and regretted" is the required reply, and you've done so handsomely. Nevertheless, comma, your name has been written in the 'Suitable Advice' book in case you come to notice again.

I really did work, 50 years ago today, in an office where minor traincrew rulebook misdemeanours of that sort were recorded in a book of that title!

But if I ever own a layout half as good as your version of Brent I will think I'm a very fine fellow indeed!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I really did work, 50 years ago today, in an office where minor traincrew rulebook misdemeanours of that sort were recorded in a book of that title!

Years ago, one of the managers that used to report to me had a phrase, which I really liked. After giving someone a bol*ocking, he would write to them in a formal letter (which went on their file), using the expression, 'you have been verbally admonished'.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

"Error admitted and regretted" is the required reply, and you've done so handsomely. Nevertheless, comma, your name has been written in the 'Suitable Advice' book in case you come to notice again.

That book would be jammed full of content containing the anomalies to be found on here. :O

I found out today that Dr R Creasy is a railway enthusiast.Why else would he be parked in this alley by Springside Cottage. :read:

post-126-0-18181900-1494873437_thumb.jpg

Lamps correct on toad. ;) 

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Years ago, one of the managers that used to report to me had a phrase, which I really liked. After giving someone a bol*ocking, he would write to them in a formal letter (which went on their file), using the expression, 'you have been verbally admonished'.

I have heard that referred to as "a full and frank discussion"!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But if I ever own a layout half as good as your version of Brent I will think I'm a very fine fellow indeed!

On my layout I fear that that would be quite a large book...

• RMweb Premium

I have heard that referred to as "a full and frank discussion"!

Where did "suitably advised" fit into that hierarchy?

• RMweb Gold

Where did "suitably advised" fit into that hierarchy?

Same thing, really. The local manager would advise us that the miscreant had been seen and given suitable advice for his future guidance. The details of such conversation and the responses (robust, no doubt, in some cases) of the guilty party would not be reported or recorded.

If further notable misdemeanours in a short while were perpetrated by the same employee, then the suitable advice record might be regarded as the first stage of a disciplinary process. Of course, in 1984 the Divisions, where lots of office cats dwelt able to record such stuff, were abolished. Whether similar processes were incorporated in the subsequent two-tier management structure - Regions and Areas - I know not.

• RMweb Gold

A colleague once recorded.." we then had a conversation in which he took no part".

Rob.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

That book would be jammed full of content containing the anomalies to be found on here. :O

I found out today that Dr R Creasy is a railway enthusiast.Why else would he be parked in this alley by Springside Cottage. :read:

attachicon.gif867.jpg

Lamps correct on toad. ;)

He may well be a rail enthusiast but he's going to have a devil of a job getting out of the car to have a closer look!

Congratulations on cramming him in there, I think he must have both legs amputated!