A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I'm feeling a bit sheepish posting this.

Dog walking in Somerset yesterday- the sheep and lambs are fearless. I mentioned mint sauce but they didn't run away.

post-21027-0-24803900-1494074348_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The down service comprised of BTK,TK,CK,CK,TK,BG in maroon plus a GWR BG.As I don't have any composites another all third was used.

attachicon.gifimageedit_1_2508775763.jpg

attachicon.gifimageedit_4_3487959161.jpg

attachicon.gifimageedit_5_7018486678.jpg

attachicon.gifimageedit_6_2591656662.jpg

attachicon.gifimageedit_7_8534492366.jpg

attachicon.gifimageedit_8_2250601075.jpg

Surely there's only one CK, we need to be warned if he's been cloned.

• RMweb Gold

Surely there's only one CK, we need to be warned if he's been cloned.

I've heard him called a few things but composite wasn't one of them.

• RMweb Premium

I want to know where the Rev Teddy 'Tit' Willow got his drone from, for all those aerial shots.... certain foreign powers are keen to get their hands on 'Tit'.

Does he have the requisite licence? 

Anyone else noticed the interesting situation at the top of League 2? No i didn't think so, so I'll tell you. Any one of the three promoted teams could be Championies by end of play this evening. Pity I'm not fit to go to Grimsby (or lucky I'm not fit........... :scared: ) 

COYG's.

Ar$e

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Does he have the requisite licence? 

Anyone else noticed the interesting situation at the top of League 2? No i didn't think so, so I'll tell you. Any one of the three promoted teams could be Championies by end of play this evening. Pity I'm not fit to go to Grimsby (or lucky I'm not fit........... :scared: ) 

COYG's.

Ar$e

One things for sure, none of them will be playing my team next season. :cry: 

One things for sure, none of them will be playing my team next season. :cry:

Your team ?

Blimey have you bought out Brent Academicals?

post-20303-0-14986100-1494094469.jpeg

Trey Gomills

Another cup to go in the Pompey trophy cabinet, that completes the set!

Glenn

As a Plimuff bey it hurts me to say it, but well done Pompey.

At least we can cancel the Wembley play-off special this season, Mr. Sweet.  :sungum:

As a Plimuff bey it hurts me to say it, but well done Pompey.

At least we can cancel the Wembley play-off special this season, Mr. Sweet.  :sungum:

The play-offs, it sends shivers down the spine just thinking about it. Pompey and Plymouth got it right this time around, see you next season in Division 3/League 1/whatever it's called now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wasn't the Birkenhead service jointly run with the Southern, with stock alternating between GWR one day and SR the next??

That was only some tuppenny ha'penny cross country thingy.  

The Suffern did not get involved with the real GWR trains from Paddington to Birkenhead  (which were at one time advertised in competition with the LNWR service and of course also included at one time a boat connection for the Isle of Man).  Also, rather oddly but in very GWR fashion there were at times not an equal number of trains in each direction - thus in the Winter of 1946 there were 6 weekday through trains from paddington to Birkenhead (although the 12.05 am off Padd was more of a van train than a passenger train) but only 4 through from Birkenhead to Padd.