A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

sees an unidentified Star class take the down Ocean Mails to Plymouth.

Rob,

You know how much I enjoy these photographs but.... I have to take issue with you on this.

It wasn't that long ago when you bought the loco and now you've forgotten what it's called ?

It don't believe it is unidentified perhaps you could look at the box it came in ! :))

Yours

S.Taryeyed

• RMweb Gold

https://railsofsheffield.com/pendon-wash-house-70mm-x-44mm-x-60mm-44-162-scenecraft-JJJA19316.aspx

Really like this rtp building thanks to seeing it on Rob's Sheep Lane.Any suggestions where it might fit in on here.

The other side of the road bridge- until the Stationmaster's house gets built!

This morning the photographer catches this very nice NE pigeon van at Tigley.

attachicon.gifDSCN0678 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0678 (3).JPG

Please forgive me, but just what is 'very nice' about that LNER eyesore? I have tried to respect, if not like, the man, his products and the company, but can't; too much vainglorious arrogance, haughtiness and plagiarism, not to mention extravagantly wasteful, flawed design- and production-engineering.

That 1400 is, however, very nice: the pooch's pendulous parts, one might even say.

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Gold

Please forgive me, but just what is 'very nice' about that LNER eyesore?

Cheers,

BR(W).

The teak finish for instance by Glenn of this parish. ;) 

• RMweb Premium

Please forgive me, but just what is 'very nice' about that LNER eyesore? I have tried to respect, if not like, the man, his products and the company, but can't; too much vainglorious arrogance, haughtiness and plagiarism, not to mention extravagantly wasteful, flawed design- and production-engineering.

That 1400 is, however, very nice: the pooch's pendulous parts, one might even say.

Cheers,

BR(W).

So, just to remove any ambiguity, you don't like it?

• RMweb Gold

Agreed Dudders. Also, those of us who follow proper railways with green engines can run LNER stock quite readily on inter regional services safe in the knowledge that the dodgy foreign engine was always replaced with something proper before the train was allowed south of Oxford.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Naughty step again for the multispamular one.

I know its from a wrong railway but teak vehicles have a certain something.

Point of order Dangermouse, it wasn't me that said I didn't like it!