A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Prepare to be shocked.................... and then take a cold bath. Proper job locomotive where I be shedded.

post-2326-0-45338000-1493481754_thumb.jpg

Here is a great picture of a grotty hut and a grotty bloke in a yellow jacket pretending he is not a Mugwump and that he is actually still standing.

post-2326-0-82936700-1493481771_thumb.jpg

Ar$e

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Thought that I'd sneak that in whilst Rob was asleep and the others are at Taunton....................................... :nono:

N. Gresley.

We're not all there.....

...yet, we're not all there yet.

• RMweb Premium

We're not all there.....

Are you shocked? Do you feel insulted.....I hope not? Can you come to actually like such a machine? Would you go to see it in sunny Cornwall?

A. Tourist.

• Like 1

Thought that I'd sneak that in whilst Rob was asleep and the others are at Taunton....................................... :nono:

N. Gresley.

Be afraid; be very afraid: the naughty step is vacant.

Shudder.

BR(W).

Not to denigrate Phil's shed place, but when ever I see FS, especially with those smoke deflectors and under wire, I have to wonder what all the fuss is about! Hope them 'lectrics' never come down along we!

Brian.

Edited by brianusa

• RMweb Premium

We're not all there.....

I think that part of the qualification to be a Brentnodder is that we're not all there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We're not all there.....

Thanks (not) to Notwork Rail and it's not working signalling system yesterday I'm definitely not there although I did spend waste a couple of hours on Reading station finding out if I was ever likely to be able to get to Taunton in time to get something to eat the same night.  Anyway I trust those that are there duly enjoy themselves immensely and in the meanwhile I can think of all the money I'm saving (probably) and hang around here.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks (not) to Notwork Rail and it's not working signalling system yesterday I'm definitely not there although I did spend waste a couple of hours on Reading station finding out if I was ever likely to be able to get to Taunton in time to get something to eat the same night.  Anyway I trust those that are there duly enjoy themselves immensely and in the meanwhile I can think of all the money I'm saving (probably) and hang around here.

Thank you for getting straight to the point....

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile Newton based 4870 is pressed into bringing some empty coal wagons on an up service.Dr Creasy is out again in his Austin Seven.

attachicon.gifDSCN0658 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0659 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0662 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0663.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0664 (2).JPG

The Star heads west.

attachicon.gifDSCN0660 (2).JPG

It being Sunday Dr Creasy is either attending to the booking clerk in the station again, or he has slipped out from SWMBO to watch the trains go by on a busy bank holiday weekend. I'd do the same !

Edited by Limpley Stoker