A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Do you actually mean Air Smoothed? If so, you may be in for a jolly good ogle.

O. Ilbath 

Can't blame the phone auto-correct for that one can I? Of course I meant Air Smoothed. Just proves I can't cook tea and post at the same time...

A cracking photo find here which was taken between 1961 and October 1964.Note the bridge girder load.

attachicon.gifcopyright Mike Roach..jpg5.jpg

I think the photo date is likely to be September 1963 or later, as the station running in board looks to have been defaced, presumably to remove Kingsbridge references.

The black tornado brewing beyond the footbridge doesn't bode well for Brent either.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

A few people has asked about my Rolling Road and here's the link to it.Made in Holland and available from Dragon Models in the UK.I have the four axle version but extra axles are available.

I bought mine long before I had a layout.A worthy investment in my opinion.

http://delocloods.nl/begin.html

• Like 1

Wouldn't this be good to run on the new Bank Holiday

(DJH)

Or... How about putting one on trial ? 

post-20303-0-83942300-1492953783_thumb.jpeg

( an ongoing week-end project )

W.Dean

• Like 10

Whilst I'm at it, do any of the ANTB gang know of any photographs which show the interior of the GW Dynamometer Carriage ?

I have sourced a couple but they don't show it fully.

Hope you don't mind me asking here ?

• RMweb Premium

Whilst I'm at it, do any of the ANTB gang know of any photographs which show the interior of the GW Dynamometer Carriage ?

NRM Archive maybe?

Philth

• RMweb Gold

Im farily sure I found one photo online in an article on train testing, but that is all so far.  Its such a shame that unlike the NE example, the preserved GW version has lost all of its instruments (although I suspect that does make it rather more useful to the SDR). 

Are you planning to add the curves to the end of the clerestory?

The model is looking very nice, Its definitely a coach that one day I would like to have a model of.  I love the photo on the Steam website of a Hall with the shed over the front end and the dyno behind it.

• Like 1

NRM Archive maybe?

Philth

Duh ! Thanks Philth I should have thought of that !!! Off the back of the room for me then  :scratchhead:

D. Unce

Im farily sure I found one photo online in an article on train testing, but that is all so far.  Its such a shame that unlike the NE example, the preserved GW version has lost all of its instruments (although I suspect that does make it rather more useful to the SDR). 

Are you planning to add the curves to the end of the clerestory?

The model is looking very nice, Its definitely a coach that one day I would like to have a model of.  I love the photo on the Steam website of a Hall with the shed over the front end and the dyno behind it.

Hi Fatadder

Thats the reason I've  asked the question because as you say, the instruments seem to have be lost.

As for the curves on the clerestory roof, yes, they are on the to do list together with the protective enclosure for the front of the loco which is currently on the drawing board. As I haven't seen it modelled before I thought I would give it a go as a side project too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Russell's G W Coach Appendix vol 2 pages 256/7

A. Bookowner