A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Here's a K4 with most of it's Orc school of mechanical engineering design features well hidden:

attachicon.gifk4 Prr3768.jpg

Talking of Orcs when is The Return of the King to ANTB due?

The streamlining is very 1930's Art Deco, you can definitely see the LMS streamlined pacifics at the front end and the cab windows have a French influence - interesting!

• RMweb Gold

Guess what I've found something worst than ballasting and that's putting Pressfix transfers on wagons on average 24 per side thats 600+ transfers put on in the past 2 weeks. just a 1/4 of the way through PAH. :banghead:

I'm feeling sorry for Spams. I think he really wanted to go to work............................................. :scared:

Philth

I recon he should promise not to mention those slippery Pacifics if wants to come out of the corner, shall we vote on it.   :laugh:  

• RMweb Premium

Guess what I've found something worst than ballasting and that's putting Pressfix transfers on wagons on average 24 per side thats 600+ transfers put on in the past 2 weeks. just a 1/4 of the way through PAH. :banghead:

I recon he should promise not to mention those slippery Pacifics if wants to come out of the corner, shall we vote on it.   :laugh:

Let him suffer a bit more.

• RMweb Gold

Replacement buses are soooo boring!

attachicon.gifSouthern steam fantasy Newhaven.jpg

Come to think of it, the Lewes to Seaford branch would make a good preserved line. Running through the scenic Ouse Valley. giving Newhaven & Seaford a much needed tourist attraction. The Marine station would make an excellent headquarters and stock yard. There are still some old dock buildings of steam era origin, when the place was crawling with Terriers, to give a period feel. The old engine sheds went fairly recently, to allow the development of a new engineering college. Southern are planning to cut out the few remaining through London trains, so we wouldn't be that much worse off.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In America, Boxpok drivers were often used when doing an upgrade in the thirties, particularly on 462 and 482 types. You can call them "center disk" if you want. Here's a PRR K4 with a normal spoked leading set, boxpok centres, and a webbed spoke trailing set.attachicon.gifIMG_0845.JPG

I think that's one groovy kind of loco.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've just taken delivery of the brake rod and cylinder ejector spares pack for my Hornby Railroad Hall.

It takes me back to the excitement in 1981 when I fitted the brake rods to my trusty Mainline Manor- That cost £25 and started my interest in GWR

It still looks good with a new chimney and bogie wheels, on a Bachmann chassis - yet lacks the scary presence of the monster on the Newhaven branch...

• Like 2