A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Indeed so, mind you it took a slightly different turn when another august member of this parish nearly finished up thumping said spokesman a few minutes later.

Wasn't me Gov' honest.  :bb:

A. E..D. Basher.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

I think the term for those gone wrong cast wheels is Boxpox how stupid is that. :sarcastichand:

I.H.Atemalashite-Green

Bulleid Firth Brown to you dear heart.

B. Pox

The Boxpox wheel was invented and used in USA. Bulleid in collaboration with the Firth Brown foundry came up with their own improved design hence their version being the Bulleid Firth Brown wheel and did not require any royalty or licence payments to Boxpox.

• RMweb Gold

The Boxpox wheel was invented and used in USA. Bulleid in collaboration with the Firth Brown foundry came up with their own improved design hence their version being the Bulleid Firth Brown wheel and did not require any royalty or licence payments to Boxpox.

Not a lot of people know that, thanks for that ditty Graham

• RMweb Premium

In America, Boxpok drivers were often used when doing an upgrade in the thirties, particularly on 462 and 482 types. You can call them "center disk" if you want. Here's a PRR K4 with a normal spoked leading set, boxpok centres, and a webbed spoke trailing set.post-26540-0-68762200-1484559711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

What an ugly thing that loco' is, it looks as if the engineer tried to put as much weight as possible onto the centre axle to stop the thing from slipping and all pacifics do.

Went to buy some items in Wickes today they have now started using the same system as Screwdix suffice to say I came out with only half of the things I wanted. 

• RMweb Premium

What an ugly thing that loco' is, it looks as if the engineer tried to put as much weight as possible onto the centre axle to stop the thing from slipping and all pacifics do.

Went to buy some items in Wickes today they have now started using the same system as Screwdix suffice to say I came out with only half of the things I wanted. 

The Wickes in the engine has gone out.

Ar$e

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In America, Boxpok drivers were often used when doing an upgrade in the thirties, particularly on 462 and 482 types. You can call them "center disk" if you want. Here's a PRR K4 with a normal spoked leading set, boxpok centres, and a webbed spoke trailing set.attachicon.gifIMG_0845.JPG

I think [dis] functional might describe it.It certainly hasn't got the beauty of a Castle has it. ;)

• Like 1

Here's a K4 with most of it's Orc school of mechanical engineering design features well hidden:

k4 Prr3768.jpg

Talking of Orcs when is The Return of the King to ANTB due?

Are you sure that's not the illegitimate child of a streamlined King crossed with one of those spam can things?