A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I was tempted after watching his focus stacking tutorial but I suspect the proper software costs as much as a Birdcage coach from Bachmann!

As with most things you can pay a wide range of prices for focus stacking software from, whatever it is for Adobe Photoshop down to absolutely free for something like Combinezp.

Latest on the scene appears to be Serifs Photo Affinity at around £40.00 (being a photo editor it does other things too) but I have read good things about Zerene USD 89.00. I suppose it depends on how serious you are and how deep your pockets are.

What I'd really like is some windows software that will rotate a photo properly without any ghosting. Not found it yet though. :stink:

I had sausage rolls and baked beans - which might well be a useful information for the Horrocksford branch of the SSG (Sausage Spotters Guild)

Whatever happened to the notion of eating sausages in Haverfordwest?......

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

But although 4920 has lined cylinders it is not lined on the frames - so maybe the model won't be once they've finished their research?

Had a reply ! Bachmann intend to portray the Hall in it's post -war condition.The incorrect image has been used for the catalogue however they will be replacing the image on their website and letting everyone know.

Great news and I'm happy to pre-order one.

• Like 4

Had a reply ! Bachmann intend to portray the Hall in it's post -war condition.The incorrect image has been used for the catalogue however they will be replacing the image on their website and letting everyone know.

Great news and I'm happy to pre-order one.

That is great news Robin, and thanks for asking them. Did you get a sense of whether they're aiming for lined or unlined postwar GWR green?

Cheers,

Ben

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

That is great news Robin, and thanks for asking them. Did you get a sense of whether they're aiming for lined or unlined postwar GWR green?

Cheers,

Ben

Didn't say Ben but I think it will be unlined.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Didn't say Ben but I think it will be unlined.

Well done that man.......you have probably made me change my mind Robin! I guess you can never have too many Halls.

In other news Iave absolutely no idea of what's for lunch today....just finished breakfast

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Well done that man.......you have probably made me change my mind Robin! I guess you can never have too many Halls.

I 'nearly' bought a late BR Hornby Railroad version from Hawkins this afternoon.I really need more 'maid of all works' than I currently have.

• RMweb Gold

But although 4920 has lined cylinders it is not lined on the frames - so maybe the model won't be once they've finished their research?

Remember Bachmann have a habit of using inappropriate library pictures such as the latest weathered 9F which is not a bad job, has photos of the previous model of weathered 9F in the catalogue, which was a $hit job of just throwing dirt coloured paint at the model

• RMweb Gold

I 'nearly' bought a late BR Hornby Railroad version from Hawkins this afternoon.I really need more 'maid of all works' than I currently have.

Well why not ? Not being that suited to the Bachmann version,I tried the Hornby. I know it's perhaps unfashionable and "not the done thing chaps" but I think it's an outstanding bargain with good performance if some weight is added.That of course depends on what you couple it to.....preferably not Bachmann Mk 1's.It looks like a Hall to me anyway.