A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to John C ( Checkrail) of this parish for making the shortlist for readers layout of the year for Stoke Courtenay. I was surprised Pencarrow didn't make the list.

Good gracious!  News to me - but very pleasing news. Have now found survey, which had escaped my notice so far.  Cheers Robin. 

John C.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes, can't imagine why I've been overlooked.

If I remember correctly,it was the late,great Ronnie Barker who said there's a difference from being the best and the most popular.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

On the subject of fame, stardom and deserved recognition, when's your "other" magazine appearance Rob?

I'm not sure as MRJ can be a bit sporadic on its issue releases...

• RMweb Gold

Top of the page.Click on The British Model Railway Awards and follow the questions.No sausages can be voted for.

Ah, I see, I remember voting in this last year. Thanks for pointing that out, Robin.

It OK you have missed nothing just rest your head and drop back off to sleep remember it's an age thing that you are having a senior moment.  :laugh:

D. R. Spock

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• RMweb Gold

That photo looks almost life like, I had to do a double take. Good one Andy.

The thing I like is the brake van on the up train is nearly in focus and it must be over eight feet away. :O

Andy is doing this day course at Pendon in May.

https://www.pendonmuseum.com/shop/view.php?id=178&category=19

• RMweb Premium

The thing I like is the brake van on the up train is nearly in focus and it must be over eight feet away. :O

I would love to, but I am already committed to my aunts 90th birthday bash on that day.

Haven't been there in a while but it was there then so what's the hold up, apart from the usual reasons; money, time, labour, etc. It looks better than average for restoration; don't know what you can't see but it appears to be all there. Surely it would be better to have a go than let it deteriorate further. But there are enough Halls, I suppose!

Brian

• RMweb Gold

I might delete 25 of my old posts, then you'd look silly CK ;-p

You wouldn't be the first to do that on this thread.March is the fourth anniversary of starting this so 900 pages is rather incredible.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I was tempted after watching his focus stacking tutorial but I suspect the proper software costs as much as a Birdcage coach from Bachmann! Edited by Limpley Stoker