A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

As I predicted  ;) , Hornby are releasing the Colletts in shirtbutton and maroon liveries.

Nothing for me there! My bank manager will be well pleased. Etc etc.

Didn't want to put it in the announcement thread, but I think people here will know the observation is in jest. (Frankly it's convenient with all the other things on their way to not set monies aside for more Collett coaches right now.)

It will be very nice for people modelling the shirtbutton era - a Castle and new coaches to go with them, in addition to the Bristolian set.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

How come I've ended up with a second Peckett?

That was a rhetorical question.

I'll try again ! ( sorry just come back from the pub Hic ! )

Welcome to the world of retired gentlemen and hobby wallets ;)

• RMweb Premium

Can I ask here please Rob, because asking on the relevant thread has not produced a response whereas I'm sure the "right" people read ANTB? So... by the time the Colletts were painted maroon, I understand that many had already been withdrawn, so does anyone know if the LH or RH types (CK and Brake) were more prevalent at that stage or were similar numbers of both still extant, please.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

How come I've ended up with a second Peckett?

That was a rhetorical question.

Sounds more like a line from a Lionel Bart musical -

'You've got to pick a Peckett or two, you've got to pick a Peckett or two ...'  Unfortunately they've got the words wrong in this clip

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can I ask here please Rob, because asking on the relevant thread has not produced a response whereas I'm sure the "right" people read ANTB? So... by the time the Colletts were painted maroon, I understand that many had already been withdrawn, so does anyone know if the LH or RH types (CK and Brake) were more prevalent at that stage or were similar numbers of both still extant, please.

Thanks.

Regrettably No - it was bad enough trying to dig out running numbers for LH and RH brakes let alone trying to find what was scrapped when.

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon, I have mostly been running my two Pecketts in, on my circle of set track. The kitchen floor was given a good clean beforehand:

post-57-0-33716300-1483635825.jpg

Interestingly, over the course of half an hour or so, 'Dodo' would gradually catch up with the Huntley & Palmers one.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Interestingly, over the course of half an hour or so, 'Dodo' would gradually catch up with the Huntley & Palmers one.

The Dodo will die first though.............

This afternoon, I have mostly been running my two Pecketts in, on my circle of set track. The kitchen floor was given a good clean beforehand:

attachicon.gif20170105_140929.jpg

And before you know it ........

post-20303-0-31793400-1483636529.jpeg

T.Thyme

• Like 5

attachicon.gif20170105_140929.jpg

It's all those biscuits weighing it down that makes it so slow

• RMweb Gold

As I predicted  ;) , Hornby are releasing the Colletts in shirtbutton and maroon liveries.

attachicon.gifR4758_3283488_Qty1_cat1.jpg

attachicon.gifR4763_3283493_Qty1_cat1.jpg

Ah....the Colletts...a symphony of sepia 30's images of GWR hotels and horsehair. A love/hate relationship in three stages from early childhood to adulthood via chocolate and cream ( August 1948 Brighton -Cardiff train from Southampton hauled by Schools 30933 to Salisbury.I think the Schools was in black) ...through Crimson and Cream (almost anywhere including my home Vale of Neath line) to finally maroon which meant Friday evening Temple Meads to Cardiff all stations stopper usually a Hall turn..

Pure (uncomfortable) nostalgia.Hear the click and slam of those doors ,the swish and clatter of the window leather.....ah senility beckons.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Ah....the Colletts...a symphony of sepia 30's images of GWR hotels and horsehair. A love/hate relationship in three stages from early childhood to adulthood via chocolate and cream ( August 1948 Brighton -Cardiff train from Southampton hauled by Schools 30933 to Salisbury.I think the Schools was in black) ...through Crimson and Cream (almost anywhere including my home Vale of Neath line) to finally maroon which meant Friday evening Temple Meads to Cardiff all stations stopper usually a Hall turn..

Pure (uncomfortable) nostalgia.Hear the click and slam of those doors ,the swish and clatter of the window leather.....ah senility beckons.

You had me at a 'symphony of sepia 30's images of GWR hotels and horsehair' Ian.