A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Robin, but unfortunately the space hopper era is a bit too late for most of my modelling activities.

I do remember using one, though, as a means of transportation from one end of my parents' garden to the other.

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

The lady of the house ,Ms Honeycomb ,meets the postman,Peter Hazell to give him his Christmas tip as he finishes his round on Christmas Eve 1947.Empty cattle vans rattle past above, heading to Hackney Sidings. Peter is hoping for some transfers for his van in the new year. ;)

post-126-0-88231800-1482582947_thumb.jpg

Photo courtesy of A.York/BRM.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

The lady of the house ,Ms Honeycomb ,meets the postman,Peter Hazell to give him his Christmas tip as he finishes his round on Christmas Eve 1947.Empty cattle vans rattle past above, heading to Hackney Sidings. Peter is hoping for some transfers for his van in the new year. ;)

attachicon.gifLast delivery.jpg

The postman seems to spend a fair bit of time at Mrs Honeycomb's. He must be helping her move her drawers or something.

• RMweb Gold

The postman seems to spend a fair bit of time at Mrs Honeycomb's. He must be helping her move her drawers or something.

This is an old picture.

He died of a heart attack recently im afraid.

Every afternoon he used to make l@ve to Mrs Honeycomb, in time to the clickety clack of the wheels on the passing trains.

He'd still be alive today if Andy York hadn't insisted on running that blooming APT!!!!

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

This is an old picture.

He died of a heart attack recently im afraid.

Every afternoon he used to make l@ve to Mrs Honeycomb, in time to the clickety clack of the wheels on the passing trains.

He'd still be alive today if Andy York hadn't insisted on running that blooming APT!!!!

Excellent post Mr P.LOL.

attachicon.gifLast delivery.jpg

Ms Honeycomb - in 1947?

• RMweb Gold

I was taken to a panto yesterday.

Oh yes I was!

Anyhow it reminded me of Jim Davidson's version for grown ups. Found it in full on You Tube. If you've not seen it and you want 90 minutes of fun try this

You may be surprised to hear this but Charlie Drake is brilliant.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Would a GWR tarp be used over a LMS wagon ?

They did NE and LMS ones last time I checked - not always avail on Ebay tho.

There looks to be a tarped wagon in that picture.

And a tarped wagon has many uses outside beet season.