A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

The John Lewis article contains tables detailing the lives of Lots 1258, 1259, 1271, 1272.

It seems that most of the vans that were "Transferred to Parcels" but were not later returned to fish traffic gained hinged doors. But there are a small number that didn't. (E.g. 2135).

Thanks, I suspected as much regarding the doors, but don't have access to copies of the GWJ.

As I only want one with that combination of features, that'll do nicely.

I'm a long-standing NPCCS addict, though, and now I know there were both planked and plywood external door conversions, I might feel compelled to make up a trio. 😇

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 57xx said:

Thanks Jack, I had got my smallest diameter wire out, it is 0.45mm and I was pondering if it might to too big, thanks for the confirmation.

The WEP instructions suggest using 0.7 and 0.5 mm in 7mm scale if that helps, I have used 0.45 and 0.33 diameter on my model and it looks fine.

Edited by gwrrob
Diameter
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Anyone seen Chris @2ManySpams apparently there were eight , yes 8 Bulleids to be seen in Dorset today.

11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

How boring...

26 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Heresy! 

With eight of them, there's at least a decent chance of two having the same sort of tender. 😉

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I wouldn't mind, but they do all look the same, don't they?

I suppose their drivers could tell them apart...

Missed one. 😆

Is there a county where 8 Panniers can be seen in action today, I wonder...

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

The WEP instructions suggest using 0.7 and 0.5 mm in 7mm scale if that helps, I have used 0.5 and 0.33 diameter on my model and it looks fine.

Thanks Rob, now you mention it, I do recall seeing pics of the pipes being different diameters. Which sides had the thinner/thicker pipes?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 57xx said:

Thanks Rob, now you mention it, I do recall seeing pics of the pipes being different diameters. Which sides had the thinner/thicker pipes?

The side that doesn't have the curve and the easier of the two to form is made of the thicker wire 0.45mm on mine.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Guess who’s just vacuumed up one of ANTB ‘iconic’ scenic items after tidying up after the roof debris.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Guess who’s just vacuumed up one of ANTB ‘iconic’ scenic items after tidying up after the roof debris.

I told you not to let NotenoughPanniers help..................

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

But it's probably not the first time the Finching sisters have been on the receiving end of an abrupt suck..........

Rob

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

But it's probably not the first time the Finching sisters have been on the receiving end of an abrupt suck..........

Rob

well....really....I'm speechless....

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Was it Ozzy Osbourne? He gets up to all sorts of trouble 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Is Dr Creasy’s car involved?

11 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Not the cordylines !

Thankfully not , it was the pile of sleepers that sat under the overbridge. I’ll make some more from the SMS product. The experience of having a new roof now drawn out to a fourth day has been better than I expected.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Hello Rob and everyone

Having bought the two S9 Bloater variants in BR livery - and having read this thread along with having spoken with John Lewis - it seems fairly certain that I need to fit the pipes, lamps and vents.

I made a note that Rob mentioned 0.33 and 0.45mm wire but can't recall seeing any suggestions as to where to buy the lamp tops and vents.

Any suggestions, please?

Brian

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

I made a note that Rob mentioned 0.33 and 0.45mm wire but can't recall seeing any suggestions as to where to buy the lamp tops and vents.

I got my lamp tops from 247 but I can't see them on his website, MJT do some too I believe. The vents are sold as GWR/LMS under the No Nonsense range available from H & A Models.

Does anyone else miss the one stop shop like Mainly Trains for all those random bits under one roof and one postage cost.

https://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2945.php

https://www.hamodels.net/no-nonsense-kits-4mm-large-shell-vents-gwr/lms-pack-contents-20.html

Edited by gwrrob
Details
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I got my lamp tops from 247 but I can't see them on his website, MJT do some too I believe. The vents are sold as GWR/LMS under the No Nonsense range available from H & A Models.

Does anyone else miss the one stop shop like Mainly Trains for all those random bits under one roof and one postage cost.

https://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2945.php

https://www.hamodels.net/no-nonsense-kits-4mm-large-shell-vents-gwr/lms-pack-contents-20.html

I thought Wizard had taken over the Mainly Trains range. I have to admit, that trying to find somethings on the site is a bit hit and miss.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Oh yes, especially from "across the miles".

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Yes, my wallet on the other hand...

• Friendly/supportive 3

23 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Yes, my wallet on the other hand...

Mainly Trains  offered a fantastic service as well a “one stop shop”.

Before the internet , I had to go to Scotland on business. I wrote an order and posted it in Glasgow . 
I did a day’s work and travelled home on the third day to receive my complete order . Great work by Mainly Trains and the Post Office !

As to pain in the wallet- their prices were reasonable but their products were seductive. When I placed my very last order over the phone , Dave offered to tell me how much I spent over the years . He sounded surprised at the amount so I  (wisely) declined .

Good to  deal with Wizard Models , too.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5