A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Recently I've made a start on the waters edge using the Vallejo products mentioned here to give texture and foam as the tide hits the beach.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69664-a-nod-to-brent-fun-friendly-frivolity-and-saffron-buns-in-the-south-hams-1947/page-1270&do=findComment&comment=3244792

This is the progress to date and I will use WS deep pour water ,3mm deep might do, on the rest, any mismatch will be hidden by more waves that I apply. Some nice photos of South Sands, Salcombe from above gave me a colour inspiration. Like I said, it's only a start.

Meanwhile Hall class 4943 Marrington Hall passes with some empty cattle vans destined for Ponsandane sidings, Penzance.

post-126-0-63569800-1534066570_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-29329400-1534066587_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-70109000-1534066603_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-76988300-1534066621_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84036600-1534066637_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 19

That sea looks inviting- you have given a lovely impression of a shelving beach with a little seaweed. Can we expect the Finching Sisters to take a dip when it’s finished?

Thank goodness ANTB  is set in 1947

The thought of the Finching sisters in bikinis terrifies me :yes: :yes:

Dave

• RMweb Gold

This Sunday has been declared National Grange Appreciation Day by the MiM - actually by the Grand Inquisitor (you don't argue with him, unless you enjoy unpleasant & unexpected things happening to you)..

To keep him appeased..

6836 Estevarney Grange (BR Black, no Crest & Penzance shedded)

post-7000-0-86114200-1534099627_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-48466900-1534099636_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

" I say Kirton"

"Yes Creedy ?"

"If I eat up all of my Plasticard and drink some glue do you think I'll grow up to be as big as you ? "

" 'O' dear ! I think you've got a long way to go yet to catch up !"

" What's more young Creedy, I'd find it very difficult to gauge where you would fit in to be honest "

" Never mind Kirton, I'll have to keep dreaming eh ? ".

post-20303-0-44046400-1534115216_thumb.jpeg

G

Edited by bgman
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

This Sunday has been declared National Grange Appreciation Day

It was also declared National Spams Manhunt Day. In the event, the escapee from H.M. Naughty Step was tracked down to the branch of an old Cornish bank in Wells, Somerset, where he was cornered, furtively looking around to see if he had managed to give his supervisor the slip:

post-57-0-27229900-1534148252.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

He was, of course, trying to make it across the square to see his solicitors about his appeal for wrongful imprisonment on said naughty step.

post-2-0-73470800-1534150633_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It was also declared National Spams Manhunt Day. In the event, the escapee from H.M. Naughty Step was tracked down to the branch of an old Cornish bank in Wells, Somerset, where he was cornered, furtively looking around to see if he had managed to give his supervisor the slip:

attachicon.gif20180812_150123.jpg

The MiM let him out from the Iron Bulleid for few days  :sungum:  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

" I say Kirton"

"Yes Creedy ?"

"If I eat up all of my Plasticard and drink some glue do you think I'll grow up to be as big as you ? "

" 'O' dear ! I think you've got a long way to go yet to catch up !"

" What's more young Creedy, I'd find it very difficult to gauge where you would fit in to be honest "

" Never mind Kirton, I'll have to keep dreaming eh ? ".

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_1787.jpeg

G

You silly buqqer.  :jester:

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

He was, of course, trying to make it across the square to see his solicitors about his appeal for wrongful imprisonment on said naughty step.

attachicon.gifDSCF3912.JPG

It may look like a Solicitors, but it's actually a branch office for the Men In Malachite (see they do have a sense of humour)  :jester:

Though in the time it took you to photograph it, they had probably acquired every bit of information on you... :O  :O