A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Just a note that we are running our usual 'little bit of Christmas fun' with The Quirky Poll 2023.

Within the 25 items, we have three items of 'western interest' as well as such as Ivor the Engine. Although the Team provides many of the listings, about half come from voter suggestions from the previous Poll (which we now run in alternate years with The 00 Wishlist Poll).

As per the main poll, you can vote for whatever you like as long as you would realistically wish to buy the item if it were ever made (assuming high street prices, modern levels of quality etc).

You can find full details via the link in the banner headline, or search The Quirky Poll 2023.

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

And the very best of wishes to you, Rob. 

It was lovely to catch up at Stafford in September. 

All being well, I'll be back there next year but most probably as a visitor. Until then, have a joyous, healthy and very Happy Christmas. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

It's that time of year again, doesn't it fly by as you get older, when I offer my thanks to all followers, friends and contributors to this humble thread.

Wishing everybody on ANTB a very happy Christmas. Can everyone raise a glass to much missed absent friends especially at this time of year.

Seen lots of time before , a personal favourite,  64xx class 6412 skirts the river Dart near Hood Bridge with a Santa Special.

Thanks everyone , you lot keep me sane at times !

1651232294_6412santa.jpg.5ceab644a896b57524397a7d1ef12693.jpg.a143abf3a9677320b45fae1b34258576.jpg

Merry Christmas Robin, thanks for all the banter & humour, together with the sound advice.

Thats a decent size train for the SDR - hopefully their Santa specials are doing well.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

Spoilers....

7819_04.jpg.007f96dc6115d3b89ba1686aeda1ebdc.jpg

7819_02.jpg.3f3005445d1e007f23bfdecee8886a31.jpg

Having just checked the railway room , that's not mine guvnor 😉 I can't believe you do work for other people too.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

And that time of the year comes round once again…..Hallelujah ! We’re still here🙏. Best of all greetings to Robin for this the friendliest and most sociable of all threads where we discuss and argue ( ? ) whilst viewing ANTB and its GWR heaven.. May the Stars on all your trees this Christmas be illuminated by Toplights. Happy and peaceful Christmas to you all.   Ian.

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Merry Christmas to you Rob and all the followers of ANTB.

Following on from Chris's post about Number 23, these bits and pieces are set to become a representation of Number 13 next year.

IMG_20230114_182544.jpg.e1907b30b323451f9cbe46d07a088824.jpg

That is going to be an interesting project 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1