A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I've just heard on the grapevine that duplication has struck again with KR Models announcing the 2-10-0 WD Austerity class.

The thread which was started by Jenny Kirk this morning has now been locked due to the aggravation it has generated. It does not make good reading and honestly doesn’t reflect well on certain forum members I regret to say.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

To return to matters GW ,my pair of Toads arrived,shortly after a delivery of the colourful film prop W&U tramcar and an EFE  SR 10T covered van. Adding a 14XX ( Hattons/DJM) from stock,apart from substituting the van for the film’s cattle wagon,I have put together the first ( wrecked by Pearce & Crump ) Titfield train. Well it’s a film so I can maybe deviate a little. The little buffet car is simply gorgeous and the now three vehicles and the loco make a train of character. Thanks to Simon ( Not Jeremy) for the inspiration.

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

@AY Mod review of the Dapol toplights has been released and amongst the good things he says it's one of the best 4mm rtr coaches he's reviewed and a really top quality product.

I'd agree, Rob. I looked over them at Stafford and they looked superb. The Britsh Railways crimson jobs were stunning. 

IF and I stress IF I were to build a layout around the new Accurascale Panniers, then a 'displaced' toplight brake would make a cracking branch passenger coach.......

Rob

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

@AY Mod review of the Dapol toplights has been released and amongst the good things he says it's one of the best 4mm rtr coaches he's reviewed and a really top quality product.

As @Neal Ball has said, let’s hope that the positive reception of these gives Dapol the confidence to go on and make the real toplights.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The thread which was started by Jenny Kirk this morning has now been locked due to the aggravation it has generated. It does not make good reading and honestly doesn’t reflect well on certain forum members I regret to say.

I see one there that I have blocked! He does enjoy getting 'involved'. Saying no more.

Phil 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I've just heard on the grapevine that duplication has struck again with KR Models announcing the 2-10-0 WD Austerity class.

well no-one can say that BRM doesn’t have a sense of humour putting these two adverts ‘head to head’ in the December issue!

E67D1617-D4B2-4294-8681-D8E9FBA7C676.png

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

KR do love superlatives don’t they.

3 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

E67D1617-D4B2-4294-8681-D8E9FBA7C676.png

I did make a comment in the aforementioned thread (which I would say was a fair comment) but quickly ran for the hills as it rather descended into quite personal jibes. I hope they do a good job and are vindicated in their choice with strong sales.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I think he's looking over to where Mr Spams is standing, getting his wallet out and ordering several hundreds of these beauties.

Only if they come with that wonderful face attached...

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, 7802 said:

KR do love superlatives don’t they.

I did make a comment in the aforementioned thread (which I would say was a fair comment) but quickly ran for the hills as it rather descended into quite personal jibes. I hope they do a good job and are vindicated in their choice with strong sales.

Sadly many areas of RMWeb are becoming very Social Media like and not in a positive way. You did the best thing and walked away. There are some 'usual suspects' on there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2