A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

A few pages back, we were discussing the DJM 14xx. I noted that mine ran smoothly on my minimal feedback controllers but when one came back from repair with inadvertent 'full feedback', the 14xx jumped around. All others were fine.

Someone on here queried if I was correct about this, but I replied that I couldn't replicate it as my controller had been fixed.

As 'an experimental trial', I recently bought a different make of handheld controller with 'full feedback' - a Trax.

All locos worked fine - except the 14xx. Switched back to minimum feedback type - all locos still fine as well as 14xx.

If I run my DJM 58xx with my ECM Compspeed controller, it sounds like a bag of nails and runs rough as.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Even out shopping on the high street and you can’t get away from that Sheep bloke geezer.

71F07809-16B0-468E-8AC0-2AE27CFC3957.jpeg.c0db0dcc9970d56ef818e444b65ec0c8.jpeg

Shoot it down, it's a damn Chinese Spy Balloon,  and you'd be Fleeced if you bought one.

It lacks accuracy anyway as there isn't any sign of Mounting Dye. (No not Die bach...dye!)

A. Bleat.

P

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Ah hah, you say, the Mad Duck is yet again inebriated. No, I responsd, as I'm coming up now with some useful info. 

IF you observe a Dapol 43XX/ 53XX/ 63XX Mogul without O.S. Pipes, the 247 Developments medium ones fit a treat (lightly fettle). Only ,of course, if you wanted one with OS Pipes and the one you saw without was a BARGAIN, or a gift for example.

Advice is totally free and guaranteed correct.

MD

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Yes, they've let me out again, but briefly.

This time to say again, thanks for previous advice ref.  removing Shirt Buttons discreetly.

I have decided that testing the Microsol on the front Buffer Beam Number will be the test bed, as I can repaint the Buffer beam very easily if applying the liquid goes Buffers up!

I've also ordered a different Smokebox Door, suitable for the 50s/60s version.

Can I ask how we might know if Collett Buffers may have been fitted to particular Loco's, or is that a step to far? 

Merci buckets.

MD

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

As promised a photo shewing the underneath of the Rapido Mink although some help is/might be needed to ascertain whether I'm missing some of the brake gear on my sample. Maybe @BenLcan check his ?

I was surprised to read the paperwork enclosed with these and see a photo of Tigley Junction signal box in the background.😮

DSCN8927.JPG.d28a29331caac175582748716dab3c9a.JPG

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

As promised a photo shewing the underneath of the Rapido Mink although some help is/might be needed to ascertain whether I'm missing some of the brake gear on my sample. Maybe @BenLcan check his ?

I was surprised to read the paperwork enclosed with these and see a photo of Tigley Junction signal box in the background.😮

DSCN8927.JPG.d28a29331caac175582748716dab3c9a.JPG

looks like a brass pin point bearing's come adrift....

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/02/2023 at 15:24, gwrrob said:

DSCN8930.JPG.b9a6cae15e4cf15595dd55ad2448b369.JPG

DSCN8931.JPG.80227583ba6bcedf73c7a880973704e1.JPG

DSCN8932.JPG.76c403eab406e33e076039aea0735869.JPG

Looks very good Rob. Good finish and I love that shaped Roof.

Ref Roofs; Accurascale Banana Vans are going to have a textured Roof by all accounts. Bunch of those awaiting my wallet.

MD

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ref Roofs; Accurascale Banana Vans are going to have a textured Roof by all accounts. Bunch of those awaiting my wallet.

MD

Yes , I saw and aren't they coming along nicely. Samples might be available to handle next month at Ally Pally.

443395910_accurascalebananavan.jpg.afca489f1c9c5ffaf0236cb6f6b455a6.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
detail, detail. detail.
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Looks very good Rob. Good finish and I love that shaped Roof.

MD

Well done.

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick thanks about the Shirt Button (63XX Tender) removal tips. Tried the Microsol/Cotton Bud method and it worked well. Didn't need to remove the thing totally as it was a very finer marking and a late Emblem will go over it and it gives a nice point for reference. for positioning at the moment.

However, my excitement at the achievement was diminished when I then ran the Loco for a bit of fun. Having run fine the other day it now konked out on the first curve it came to. Nooooo, I thought, what have I done? NOT the dreaded gears jamming disease?

Nope. I then realised I might have been a bit rough when handling the Loco, as the Slide Bars looked  very close to the front Drivers Bolts, behind the Slide Bars; quite a lot of slop in that area. That was it, OK on the straight, but as soon as it hit a tighter than 3' curve off scene, then JAMboree.  Quick easing out of the Connecting Rods and Bars and that was it, fixed.

The engine has a really good West Coast Digital Sound chip (it came fitted at around £100 IIRC?) and it can be 'driven' quiet realistically as it appears 'climbing', (it's actually flat but looks like a bank due to a 'design clever' bit of scenic work), Honiton Bank, going West.  Slow and a good bark from the 'exhaust'.

This is one of my best Auction buys in that I got an almost new Loco, in top condition with a fitted sound chip, for far less than a brand new not DCC fitted Loco.

Thanks again chaps.

MDP

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Another wagon from Rapido, this time the four plank open, is due with retailers this week. Photo courtesy of Rapido.

689962279_rapido4plank.jpg.479d82bcc31e57903b7132e7a87b1103.jpg

Oh dear. After a "significant financial event" in relation to the Iron Minks, it appears one's wallet might need a defibrillator.....

Rob

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Oh dear. After a "significant financial event" in relation to the Iron Minks, it appears one's wallet might need a defibrillator.....

Rob

Do what I do and use my children’s inheritance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/02/2023 at 15:46, gwrrob said:

Even out shopping on the high street and you can’t get away from that Sheep bloke geezer.

71F07809-16B0-468E-8AC0-2AE27CFC3957.jpeg.c0db0dcc9970d56ef818e444b65ec0c8.jpeg

On 11/02/2023 at 19:36, 2ManySpams said:

Looks remarkably like him. Excellent likeness.

Ahem.......

Looks nothing like me.......

SB

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

As it happens, I've just had an email from Mr Rapido regarding the BR open that I ordered from them......included in that order was an Iron Mink that I was about to order from Kernow...........

Phew! 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

As it happens, I've just had an email from Mr Rapido regarding the BR open that I ordered from them......included in that order was an Iron Mink that I was about to order from Kernow...........

Phew! 

Rob. 

And..............I'm dreading the arrival of the SE&CR Brake vans with....ahem.....cough...."a number of examples ordered" 

• Friendly/supportive 6

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

And..............I'm dreading the arrival of the SE&CR Brake vans with....ahem.....cough...."a number of examples ordered" 

They do look very nice, especially that six wheeler...

I'm not helping am I?

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1