A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Somehow I feel its too good a picture!  Brilliant Devon summer sky which gives super lighting for photography and well posed trains.  Looks almost too real but I suppose that's the objective; anyway lovely evocative picture.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

With the latest issue of MR hitting the shelves I think I'm ok to post these Chris Nevard photos not used in my layout article.

2884 class 3864 passes with a down coal train.

attachicon.gif3864 CN.jpg

Copyright Chris Nevard/Model Rail.

Wow. Apart from everything else, those great surface textures really stand out.

• RMweb Gold

Thats photo of Chris Nevard's looks lovely - how did he light the layout Robin? Did he bing in a green screen to stand above the footbridge?

Thanks.

It was a winter shoot taken last January but I can't remember the lighting used.

• RMweb Gold

Is that your own one Rob or is it a certain gentleman in Europe who owns it ?.

I am tempted but haven't got enough tokens for one at the moment after replacing my 51xx's recently and a 47xx to save for it looks a distant project.

An Oxford AA1 toad was delivered today I hope I can knock it into shape.

Enjoy

Edited by 81C

Is that your own one Rob or is it a certain gentleman in Europe who owns it ?.

I am tempted but haven't got enough tokens for one at the moment after replacing my 51xx's recently and a 47xx to save for it looks a distant project.

Saving for that one too, but the banana was just too cute to resist...Not everybody agreed though. Will have some explaining to do... :punish:

• RMweb Gold

Saving for that one too, but the banana was just too cute to resist...Not everybody agreed though. Will have some explaining to do... :punish:

I had a great affection for them having seen them on a regular basis waiting to go into the AEC factory at Southall for repairs/ servicing engines but they did not appear in Devon

so one will have to wait till the 47xx has been purchased or I might be lucky and SWMBO  :girldevil: says I can have a second Xmas present :resent: .

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Great shots Robin. One's on my radar shortly as well...

Here's a few snaps of No:4 in the NRM at York. Up close it looks magnificent with very nice detailing on the bodywork.

38484963891_d9e225f44c_c.jpgNo4 by Mark Branson, on Flickr

24613223218_31810528b8_c.jpgno 4 2 by Mark Branson, on Flickr

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Airman: I say old boy, that train has no engine.

Porter: Thats a new fangled flying banana sir.

Airman: With no wings and no engine I'm not volunteering.

Porter: Don't worry sir, we have driver Biggles at Newton Abbot. He'll try a anything once.

Minnie: Twice with the right encouragement.....

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 1