A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Phil, I've got a number of . carriage working programmes downloaded from Robert Carroll's BRCS yahoo group, which I assume is the one you are referring to.

I'll have a look when i get home tonight and if all the information you need hasn't popped up by then I will add whatever I can.

I actuaĺly found some cwns on RCs site at last but not sure if they are what im after yet.

Your offer is very kind thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I actuaĺly found some cwns on RCs site at last but not sure if they are what im after yet.

Your offer is very kind thanks.

No problem Phil. I've got the 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961 and 1962 Summer CWNs, plus the 1960 Summer Paddington workings, if you need more info.

• RMweb Gold

Thats an original Mainline one straight out of the box. I believe it needs weathering to the point where no livery is left visible, on account of it's shiny and rubbish. Have tested it on rolling road to make sure it worked before I put the effort in!

Oddly, apart from being a bit(!!) overscale and not up to current standards that livery is absolutely correct for that engine - as indeed is its appearance as it was in that condition in order ti work a Royal train or some working closely associated with that train.  However 43XXs getting down the Reading/Didcot/Newbury area were normally filthy mucky beasts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's the one with a Spam on the up CRE I think Chris. Thanks.

I think that might be the previous year, 27.10.1960, when the up CRE left St Davids just before 1600 - or 4 p.m. as they then called it - up the bank to Paddington via Blazingsmoke, with 34024 on the front.

• RMweb Premium

No problem Phil. I've got the 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961 and 1962 Summer CWNs, plus the 1960 Summer Paddington workings, if you need more info.

I think I have found something similar  

Is it these?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BRCoachingStock/files/Carriage%20workings/

If so it isn't quite what I was looking for. Very useful info but not particular train formations as I actually have part of for 1958.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure it wasn't a D800 Warship?  I'm not!

Chris

Ah yes, my apologies, D867 on the Up CRE on 26/08. It was 26/10/60 when it was 34024 on the Up CRE as Dudds says. I believe I was in Exeter that day of the floods and my late dad and I just escaped from St Davids for Plymouth as the waters rose to track level. May have been a different day but I don't think so. We had a Warship; pah! On 27/10 60 the CRE and Royal Duchy were both SR loco's from Central.

Down WR trains that day were via Central as well. I have a couple of details for that. 

Thanks both.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've got an ex Geoff Brewin Mowgli that is a Comet chassis and bits under a Mainline(?) body. It is a featherweight so would need filling with lead (does it feel lucky?) I'm not sure if it is a correctly detailed loco either as it is numbered as a 93XX  (one at Swindon and one at Reading that would be OK; two of three left in 1959) at the moment IIRC. I think a 53XX, 73XX or more likely a 63XX would be more appropriate? Plenty of 63XXs at appropriate sheds such as Westbury/Bristol/Taunton. I shall search it out sometime to check the cab.

Phat

Apologies for further OT info.

4th &or 5th December 1960: 6372 83B on diverted on SR Up Devonian.

Philth

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think I have found something similar  

Is it these?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BRCoachingStock/files/Carriage%20workings/

If so it isn't quite what I was looking for. Very useful info but not particular train formations as I actually have part of for 1958.

Phil

Yes, they're the ones Phil.

• RMweb Gold

A few more of the King....

post-126-0-28025300-1510679929_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-10644500-1510679942_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-71001900-1510679961_thumb.jpg

.... and one of the Queen B herself as I caught my favourite band in Brum last night. Like the GWR Kings,they were magnificent.

post-126-0-37305900-1510680065_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Probably, I felt a little pri#k :nono: :scared: :O :sarcastichand:

My GP & the nurses at the practice know not to tell me "You may feel a little prick now"... but there's always new members who join the team.

Nothing like making a lady blush :)

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

If you want some genuine train formations for your era Rob, have a look here. Stock footage shot at Taplow in 1947, not much in the rtr ranges unfortunately.

Spot the oil fired A1 100 Lloyds and 28XX

Mike Wiltshire

Always good to see this Pathe footage.

Interesting to see the mixed formations and the war time brown stock mixed in to the consists.

Thanks for posting Mike.

Cheers,

Mark