A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Rob have you used Trackside Designs for your Station Stuff? If not, have a look and any of the 'gang' that maybe hasn't heard of this superb little supplier (see my Customised stuff on SOSJ)

Anyway, I think CCT does special requests? maybe you could check for your van or make some arrangement with friends that are getting one/ already have sevral and get a new Sheet produced (share the costs)?

Phatboy Slime

• RMweb Gold

Rob have you used Trackside Designs for your Station Stuff? If not, have a look and any of the 'gang' that maybe hasn't heard of this superb little supplier (see my Customised stuff on SOSJ)

Anyway, I think CCT does special requests? maybe you could check for your van or make some arrangement with friends that are getting one/ already have sevral and get a new Sheet produced (share the costs)?

Phatboy Slime

Just back from Sunny South Hams  :boast: I've had a set of custom run in boards made up the only problem with them they are a bit on the shiny side otherwise they are OK.

Off to play with some new toys  :senile:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm worn out and I need a drink, or two.[/quote

I am imagining I'm in the Pack Horse, South Brent- have a virtual pint on me!

SWMBO spends a lot of time on Facebook , I find Facepint more rewarding.

By the way Dr Creasy owes me a pint.

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robin,

Nice snaps of the new Hornby Toad. It does look good.

As an aside how does it compare with the Airfix/Bachmann AA13 conversion you have?

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I finally bought 2 6 plank LNER open's I went for the Oxford ones with the view to renumbering them with the small letters they were on offer at Collett Models for £6.99 each a tad cheaper than a RPR Blue box one,

once covered with a bit of weathering they should fit in with stock from other railway companies. :boast:

• RMweb Gold

check this out Duckman. 

I don't know if this gives you the answer I think there is a website which tells you all the safe beer's a friends son has the same problem.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/morlands-old-speckled-hen-500-ml-bottle-beer-509852394  :drinks:

P. I. S'Head

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

check this out Duckman. 

I don't know if this gives you the answer I think there is a website which tells you all the safe beer's a friends son has the same problem.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/morlands-old-speckled-hen-500-ml-bottle-beer-509852394  :drinks:

P. I. S'Head

What's the point of safe beer?????

• RMweb Premium

Beer which someone who is gluten intolerant can enjoy safely.

Understood - my comment was made tongue-in-cheek and not intended to be taken seriously. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Last thing you said was that you needed a drink.

It was probably the great Coventry get away that did for him:

post-9751-0-91336900-1500655453.png

post-9751-0-05049500-1500655489.jpg

Great Yarmouth, Skegness, Rhyl  and Weston super Mare were apparently favoured holiday destinations for the population of Coventry back in the day.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

It was probably the great Coventry get away that did for him:

attachicon.gifSummer-holidays.png

attachicon.gifred-house-group-coaches-228686325.jpg

Great Yarmouth, Skegness, Rhyl  and Weston super Mare were apparently favoured holiday destinations for the population of Coventry back in the day.

Not for me David. Dorset, Devon, Wales and Cornwall .

• Like 2