A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Breaking news:

The Finching Sisters escape for a holiday to avoid 2 months of Politics

You could have at least offered them some protection......

post-20303-0-44747400-1492593200.jpeg

Yours

Brent F. Planning

• Like 1

Or they could sit in the cab holding on to the drivers big handle.  :spiteful:

R. Ailtours

Well, there are rumours that Dyna and her mom Eta will be in the carriage behind having rather a racy time too

post-20303-0-99449100-1492599731_thumb.jpeg

S.P. Dometer

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I guessed as much hence my carefully worded post. I don't know why I should worry about the rights and wrongs of 14xx when I am eagerly awaiting Kernows 1361 saddle tank. I will be amazed if there are any photos of them ever in North Wales

John

Having looked at dozens of photos of such machines over the past several years I regret to report that so far I have found none of them in North Wales, South Wales, on the North & West route, or on the Zumerset and Darset although they undoubtedly got close enough to touch the latter (and therefore might have got misrouted?).

But so what.  All we need is Mr DJ to extract his digit and get the factory on the job now that the final EPs and livery details have been approved.

• RMweb Gold

Well, there are rumours that Dyna and her mom Eta will be in the carriage behind having rather a racy time too

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

S.P. Dometer

It looks if they are under manned and they are wait for more crew to turn up assuming they will have to bump start the loco with that heavy old coach on the back.

Edited by 81C

It looks if they are under manned and they are wait for more crew to turn up assuming they will have to bump start the loco with that heavy old coach on the back.

Nothing to do with the weight of the coach, they'll probably have to push

it to stop the loco slipping, due to the traction tyres being made of Spam!

• RMweb Gold

Bargain alert!

Given the Delia like powers of this thread, I was amazed to see M&S chocolate Thomases (as sighted at Brent only last Sunday) on the remainder shelf at the princely sun of £1.10.

Would have taken a pic but the staff were looking a bit oddly at me...

• RMweb Gold

Bargain alert!

Given the Delia like powers of this thread, I was amazed to see M&S chocolate Thomases (as sighted at Brent only last Sunday) on the remainder shelf at the princely sun of £1.10.

Would have taken a pic but the staff were looking a bit oddly at me...

I can't bring myself the courage to break it up to eat it. Edited by gwrrob

Does this mean you will have to stuff it in your mouth in one piece?

Don't be daft Robins only got a small beak

post-20303-0-86939100-1492676651.jpeg

D.Bellamy

• Like 2

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

S.P. Dometer

Further rumours abound that it's not only Mr. Baccy who is going to produce a Dynamometer Car as the NE region will not suit the requirements of a dyed in the wool GW chap.

Moves are afoot in the carriage works ......

A donor has come forward and may be willing to change its sides and ends in the first stage of this project

post-20303-0-03955500-1492687322_thumb.jpeg

Sill Houette

Edited by bgman
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Further rumours abound that it's not only Mr. Baccy who is going to produce a Dynamometer Car as the NE region will not suit the requirements of a dyed in the wool GW chap.

A doner has come forward and may be willing to change its sides and ends in the first stage of this project

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sill Houette

Looks rather good so far, are you planning an overlay with the new side or replacement?

• RMweb Premium

A doner has come forward and may be willing to change its sides and ends in the first stage of this project

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sill Houette

That coach will be well and truly kebabbed.