A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Just a bit frustrating that the very noticeable route/power disk is not immediately above the number plate as it should be post-war, but not the most difficult thing to fix even if you're like me and wince at taking wet and dry paper and a toothpick to a £100+ loco.

I wonder why they do this........its so small but stands out like a sore thumb

I have just bitten the bullet and moved and corrected the discs on my panniers. Take the tiniest drop of brake fluid on the tip of a cocktail stick and allow it to drop on to the disc and leave overnight........works a treat....... no scraping and no residual marks

Lovely loco Robin.......yet again you have me tempted!

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Just a bit frustrating that the very noticeable route/power disk is not immediately above the number plate as it should be post-war, but not the most difficult thing to fix even if you're like me and wince at taking wet and dry paper and a toothpick to a £100+ loco.

I have just bitten the bullet and moved and corrected the discs on my panniers. Take the tiniest drop of brake fluid on the tip of a cocktail stick and allow it to drop on to the disc and leave overnight........works a treat....... no scraping and no residual marks

Regards

John

I've used the brake fluid method for years just be careful not to leave it on too long.

• RMweb Premium

What other removing options are there here.

T Cut on the end of a cocktail stick - don't use too much pressure.

Pin or needle point and a magnifying glass to view - simply scratch the "spot" off but leave the green underneath.

Spot of green paint on the top of it - it won't be very thick- and then a light weather - that should hide it.

Tiny drop of brake fluid applied with the tip of a cocktail stick - wipe off every 15 mins or re-apply but don't leave.  One side at a time.  After, wipe with IPA.   (Most tedious method)

Tip/end of a fine emery board slowly and gently applied withut too much pressure

Roll up some wet n dry then squash flat - use a corner as per emery board method.    (For a "load dot" this would be my preferred method and the one I will use on 4012)

Edited by M.I.B

• RMweb Gold

Will you be wanting a photoshoot too featuring this new release ? Should arrive before Easter.Hopefully Iattachicon.gifH1405_3117977_Qty1_2.jpeg

attachicon.gifH1405_3117977_Qty1_1.jpeg

Yes please! Mine have been picked and hopefully are now on their way but they won't be here for Easter.

I am on tenterhooks about their performance......never sent anything back yet......hope this will not be a first. Having waited so long it will be very disappointing if either are duff

Regards

John

Edited by john dew

Regards

John

Hi John, with the high cost of locos and their availability in any scale these days, I find that I am more tolerant of minor discrepancies which is emphasised by the high cost of return to the dealer, presumably in the UK. However, your dedication to authenticity is probably beyond my ability and the reason I like tinplate trains, but view with admiration others layouts on this site.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

T Cut on the end of a cocktail stick - don't use too much pressure.

Pin or needle point and a magnifying glass to view - simply scratch the "spot" off but leave the green underneath.

Spot of green paint on the top of it - it won't be very thick- and then a light weather - that should hide it.

Tiny drop of brake fluid applied with the tip of a cocktail stick - wipe off every 15 mins or re-apply but don't leave.  One side at a time.  After, wipe with IPA.   (Most tedious method)

Tip/end of a fine emery board slowly and gently applied withut too much pressure

Roll up some wet n dry then squash flat - use a corner as per emery board method.    (For a "load dot" this would be my preferred method and the one I will use on 4012)

I use the T-Cut/cocktail stick method. Cut the end of the stick to make an angled face and then just trim a little off the very end to make a chisel shape.

Rub very gently (oo er missus).