A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully Mike can get 'us' a running sample soon but in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbKAol1gao

Last time I saw that layout there was a dirty, yellow, noisey Class 37 puttering round.

There were several 1361 locos in the cabinet to view, but quite a lot of money so I didn't purchase one.

A whole day without posts on ANTB?

I do hope everything is ok in the UK

Worried in Vancouver

John

It's because it's Half Term over here and ANTB is closed for essential maintenance...

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

It's because it's Half Term over here and ANTB is closed for essential maintenance...

If the weather stays as mild as it is today there'e every chance of a shoot featuring  5993 Kirby Hall.

Meanwhile....

post-126-0-89237600-1487269540_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Yes, half term- the grandchildren seem to have gained access to my shed ; luckily my embryo Limpley Stoke is 5 feet off the ground and, being proactive, I had laid a decoy track on top of my workbench for robust old trains as a diversion until they have learnt not to rip the buffers off my proper stock!

• RMweb Premium

Mayday, mayday. Is there anyone on this illustrious thread wot 'as dun a Diagram, H57 Diner (Comet version) and could let me see how the bogies look; even just from underneath would be helpful?  I've forgotten how to do the Comet 6 wheelers and I need to confirm I am reading the destructions correctly. Worryingly I think I can remember but I need reassurance and a rescue team.

If the answer is no then thanks anyway.

Philth.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mayday, mayday. Is there anyone on this illustrious thread wot 'as dun a Diagram, H57 Diner (Comet version) and could let me see how the bogies look; even just from underneath would be helpful?  I've forgotten how to do the Comet 6 wheelers and I need to confirm I am reading the destructions correctly. Worryingly I think I can remember but I need reassurance and a rescue team.

If the answer is no then thanks anyway.

Philth.

I have and when I get five minutes I'll post something young duck.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rob, were you looking at actual working lamps for the station? If not I have just found the 12 Chris Leigh GWR Station Oil Lamps I knew I had lurking. You can have those as I have no need for them at all. White metal posts and head castings and you have to make the 'glass tops' using clear plastic sheet (included).

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rob. The little wire pieces for the centre axles is what I was after. Many thanks for taking the time to do that. Do you happen to know if that is the only 'compensation' fitting on the bogies? If so it does run OK from what I have seen; is that the case?

ATB

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I have a picture of a H57 in later guise (late 50s/early 60s) and it appears to have lost the cylinders and 'gained' battery boxes. Is that the case as it had been converted for electrical power for the cooking and maybe gained an extra dynamo? I ask as I don't have the relevant book for the Dining Vehicles (Harris?) 

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob. The little wire pieces for the centre axles is what I was after. Many thanks for taking the time to do that. Do you happen to know if that is the only 'compensation' fitting on the bogies? If so it does run OK from what I have seen; is that the case?

ATB

Phil

Yes and it runs ok.I can't fit the holding nut and the bogies fall off when handling but apart from that...

• RMweb Gold

I have a picture of a H57 in later guise (late 50s/early 60s) and it appears to have lost the cylinders and 'gained' battery boxes. Is that the case as it had been converted for electrical power for the cooking and maybe gained an extra dynamo? I ask as I don't have the relevant book for the Dining Vehicles (Harris?) 

Phil

The photo in Russell shews the gas tanks still there in 1955.

• RMweb Gold

Don't weather it - surely some carriages were washed in 1947?

Given how many restaurant coaches were refurbished post war, I think it just needs a bit of a tone down with some light dirt on the chassis and dirtying up the roof a tad keeping the sides nice and clean.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Given how many restaurant coaches were refurbished post war, I think it just needs a bit of a tone down with some light dirt on the chassis and dirtying up the roof a tad keeping the sides nice and clean.

I agree Rich. I would also do a little to the ends, given how rarely they would have seen the cleaner's brush.

• Like 2