A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

I'd assumed the smokebox plates were missing as spotters 'liberated' them as the end of steam neared!

One of my two plates is a Dub Dee and that had had the 'snap' and was welded together at some time before I got it for about £10 in 1967. I could have had a B1 plate for the same price at the same time but I didn't have the money..........................dooooooh! The bloke at College that got them for me lived near Donny I think and had a regular supply. 

I nearly 'liberated' a WR 2.8.0. (38XX?) plate at Severn Tunnel Junction in 1963 or '64 but couldn't move the second nut/bolt in time so that I could then get the plate out of the yard and down to the station as my train was due and I was an idiot. How I would have got that thing back to Plymouth without it being noticed I have no idea. I still have the Water Gauge Spanner that I was using to undo it.  :stinker:

Oh that I should have liberated the nameplate from Isambard Kingdom Brunel at Laira. That would have been difficult to smuggle out, even down my trousers.

:O 

Ar$e 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Our Dutch friend has done it again.You're a bad man Mr T. :nono:

post-126-0-51823100-1486656782_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-90594500-1486656795_thumb.jpg

Now where did I put Mulgabill's Ocean Mail coach.I could pretend to model Millbay Docks....

• Like 12

In other news,

I've decide to start on resurrecting my station project ......YEY ! Deffo GWR and Edwardian period.

So, that said I would ask the venerable members on this thread, with your permission please Rob, what paint would have been used for station canopy supports in the typical Edwardian Era ? (If you wish me to remove this I'm more than happy to do so Rob ).

I've produced these using a well known plotting/cutter and so far I'm pretty satisfied. If the final trial column turns out to my liking I'll start the rest....only 32 more !!! :banghead:

post-20303-0-43814000-1486676464_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-34531100-1486676487_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-17719500-1486676508_thumb.jpeg

This is purely a trial run to see what pitfalls there could be lurking when I assemble them.

Grahame

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, you might need some Dutch courage before tackling that one....

Indeed. It looks a bit like this now:

post-6675-0-00348700-1486677614.jpg

post-6675-0-27661200-1486677648_thumb.jpg

Got bored with it again and decided to build the layout instead. That will mean I have something to test it on at least.

The loco build is very much a hate, hate, love, hate relationship.

• Like 13

In other news,

I've decide to start on resurrecting my station project ......YEY ! Deffo GWR and Edwardian period.

So, that said I would ask the venerable members on this thread, with your permission please Rob, what paint would have been used for station canopy supports in the typical Edwardian Era ? (If you wish me to remove this I'm more than happy to do so Rob ).

I've produced these using a well known plotting/cutter and so far I'm pretty satisfied. If the final trial column turns out to my liking I'll start the rest....only 32 more !!! :banghead:

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e07.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e08.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e09.jpeg

This is purely a trial run to see what pitfalls there could be lurking when I assemble them.

Grahame

Just to qualify my question this photo appears to render a darker colour than the usual Dark Stone ?

post-20303-0-82587900-1486679436.jpeg

Any thoughts / observations most welcome 

K.Odachrome

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In other news,

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e07.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e08.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_e09.jpeg

Grahame

Very nice, Grahame, but where will you be gluing that penny?

Is it the basis for the station clock?