A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Get thee behind me temptation!

I am still wrestling with my conscience on this one. I had it on a watch list with Hattons........actually typed the order then looked again at the livery or absence thereof and hit delete!

Now I am having third or fourth thoughts

What colour were the bolecticons on Autocoaches in GWR days?

Duplicate post.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps!

Having spent $70 Cdn (at least no VAT) I have to do some painting as well as transfers

I am still tempted though

Thanks for posting the photo ....it does look rather nice

• RMweb Gold

Is that the same Diagram as the Comet Auto Coach Rob? If it is the Dean Forest one then I went with Geoff (RIP) to look at that before he produced the Kit.

Phil

Not as far as I'm aware, I think it's an A30 diagram.Comet did the Hawksworth version.

Not as far as I'm aware, I think it's an A30 diagram.Comet did the Hawksworth version.

178 is an A28. Basically the same as the (Ex Airfix) A30 but the drivers door is flush, not recessed as the A30 and with different bogie mounting positions for the 7ft bogies. You can cut and shut one out of the Airfix/Dapol/Hornby

post-9992-0-05086400-1485893614_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks mate. Think the DFR must have a Hawksworth one. Just had a quick look at the Comet version.

W37_2.jpg

I wonder if I will bother to get and build one of those or just use available RTR and do a 'modification job'. Probably the latter as it would only appear on SOSJ on rare occasions with my 64XX.

Could I do a sides/ends on an existing but modified frame/bogies effort or is that a daft idea?

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Another newbie to be seen on ANTB is on loan from 46444 :good: in the shape of 7802 'Bradley Manor', complete with a proper chimney.http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1338/entry-16940-table-manors-or-7802-bradley-manors-rebuild-is-complete/

attachicon.gifDSCN9921.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9922.jpg

A proper job Mark.

That reminds me again .......

So glad I kept and rechimnied mine!

• Like 2