A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

That would appear to be dependent on the weather, Bob.

You can see the sisters are freezing cold by their blue lips- I wouldn't expect the gentlemen of the press to be there anytime soon,

but you'll be pleased to hear the Hall brake rods went on easily!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Tigley Junction shed could do with replacing and I like the look of this kit from Townstreet.Any thoughts on the two road version.

attachicon.gifpage-000155.jpg

Got to be honest Rob and suggest the really decent Plastic one from Wills Craftsman (CK12) In fact I might have one you can have for nowt + postage. It was Geoff's I think. However it isn't very GWR.

Philth.

Edited by Mallard60022

I see Spams is creeping back in and he has the front to post a photo of meat tins PAH . :nono:

I.H.Atemalashite-Green

The man obviously has no shame... or taste.

However,  Adams, Urie and Maunsell - and olive livery - now you're talking.

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Gold

Tigley Junction shed could do with replacing and I like the look of this kit from Townstreet.Any thoughts on the two road version.

Hi Robin

I dont think you use much card on Brent but should you ever consider it, Scalescenes do a very useful, and adaptable, two road shed.

I used it to build a sort of half roundhouse.

This is a heavily modified Metcalfe shed recovered with Scalescene paper and lots of plastic add ons etc 

post-465-0-21564600-1484938343.jpg

post-465-0-47978300-1484938407.jpg

• Like 12

How looooooong is that Townstreet GWR Loan Act Shed and have Aulds Corner Store and the surrounding houses/cottages already got listed status (or whatever applied in '47)?

• RMweb Gold

How looooooong is that Townstreet GWR Loan Act Shed and have Aulds Corner Store and the surrounding houses/cottages already got listed status (or whatever applied in '47)?

I'm yet to find that out but hopefully it would be a fairly straight swap for my crap Ratio shed .The Corner shop is safe.I know I could assemble and paint as it's simple in construction and cheaper than a David Amais build. ;)

• RMweb Premium

I'm yet to find that out but hopefully it would be a fairly straight swap for my crap Ratio shed .The Corner shop is safe.I know I could assemble and paint as it's simple in construction and cheaper than a David Amais build. ;)

You could sell that carp Ratio shed of yours for a large amount of wonga as your layout is famous across the World.

Penny Farthing

• RMweb Gold

or you could buy another three identical carp ratio sheds and weld them together into a big two road carp ratio shed.

Incidentally what is the carp ratio? Is it a sort of scale?

Is it one carp equals half a pike or three sprats?

Fin

• RMweb Gold

That's it then.............. I'm hiring a skip and sending all my carp unmade Ratio kits to landfill asap.... :jester:

I meant mine not the range.They can be made into something decent by proper modellers.