A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114980-canute-road-quay/

Just thinking out loud but I like the look of these baseboards from Tim Horn and having a 4' x 1' scenic photo plank to mess with like others.How much of Newton Abbot shed do you reckon I could model...

Translation from modeller speak:

"I need an excuse to buy lots of new locos I wouldn't otherwise have space for!"

• RMweb Gold

Translation from modeller speak:

"I need an excuse to buy lots of new locos I wouldn't otherwise have space for!"

DCC too to save having all those sections.Someone wake me up please.

• RMweb Gold

And it's a question to which i can NEVER supply the right answer. "Yes" gets you a slap. No gets you "You are just saying that because you know I want you to," followed by a slap.

I'm more concerned who the bloke on the right is wearing a lampshade on his head .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A couple of new wagons from Bachmann that I'm going to weather following Rob's [Western Diversion] tutorial.Humbrol weatherig powders,Smoke and Iron oxide flavours are used. You pay an extra quid or so for the Whitwick wagon as it comes with a new, very usable foam based load.Very impressed and although easy enough to make, they're a welcome addition.More photos as we go.

post-126-0-46678700-1482492235_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-64506800-1482492247_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-35266200-1482492260_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-34342200-1482492271_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Very nice wagons Rob.  Wagon weathering (plus assembly of my little stash of POW Sides S. Devon area wagon kits) is on the lengthening 'to do' list for 2017.  (And I thought building the layout was the bit that took the time!)

Best wishes to you and your followers for Christmas and the New Year.

John C.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Wooster:  "A 'Hawkinco ass brake'?"

Jeeves: "Demotic American for a rare and sought after piece of railway equipment, I believe, Sir"

Be careful Eddy or the *uckiwits will be on your case for you remarks about HB.  :boast: