A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Except Horrocksford Corporation Tramways and the LNER, presumably?

Horrocksford Coproration Tramways were, of course, famous for not actually having any trams - the whole thing being an over ambitious bit of municipal pomposity purporting to be a dynamic go-ahead borough.

The LNER on the other hand did have tram locomotives despite claims to be a high speed main line cutting edge railway....

Edited by ian

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Spams: Two on the workbench this afternoon: 34018 Axminster and 34034 Honiton, renumbered ages ago, they are finally getting their etched nameplates/plaques and scrolls.

Ah ha. You have the Scrolls, or do you always walk like that? Boom, boom!

A. Laddin

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Although not on my wishlist I'm not impressed with the Heljan 1366 build quality and feel they have been rushed out for the Christmas market/period.Any thoughts ?

https://railsofsheffield.com/Heljan-1322-class-1366-0-6-0pt-1370-in-gwr-green-1322-Heljan-JJJA30436.aspx

Looks like a perfect rendition of my most favourite class of loco. Hic...

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas from a very white Vancouver to you Robin, and all your followers

I would like to thank you guys for providing me with so much information, enjoyment and amusement throughout the year. Its a very difficult choice which to read first with my morning cup of tea........ ANTB or the Guardian Rugby reports (no clue there as to my political views their Rugby section just happens to be very good).....ANTB usually wins.

Incidentally my morning cup of tea is usually at 3pm GMT which perhaps is why my contribuitions replies are sparse and always late

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year

John

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

That loco looks as it could be an early pre-production sample as the paint is chipped of around the cylinders and footplate edges and the overall appearance and finish is a bit on the tatty side.

• RMweb Gold

The Stationmaster - I think the word 'preserved' is the answer to why the balancing pipe is polished copper.

Perhaps even 'rose tinted memories'......  But certainly not on everyday working loco's, wherever they were shedded.

Edited by Penlan

• RMweb Gold

The liveries on SDR loco's have always been suspect as being incorrect, nice photo BTW.

And the SDR version has the wrong inclination of the cylinders and crosshead guides.  Also the vacuum pump - the Heljan version clearly shows it should be horizontal.

You can't trust preserved examples.

• RMweb Premium

post-2326-0-19599400-1482248594_thumb.jpg

Happy Christmas boys. I shall be looking forward to judging your moves in the next season of 

Strictly Modelling 

In the event of any dispute I shall be pleased to come and sort you out.

D.B.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6