A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Out Thursday in print. I have a note on my calendar......

Glad this article has been produced, and hope to see it soon.

Unfortunately, BRM is not stocked locally.  I need a (non-hobby related) reason to go to Darlington, which I think is the nearest option for me.  Must find a copy somehow!

• RMweb Premium

I spent many hours searching for Rhinos in January's BRM...............................

there was a layout with some familiar characters and beautiful scenics and I also enjoyed the clever article about Gilbert's coach system. However, the lack of Rhinos was sad.

Did see a nice S15 (30842) at Rails for a decent wad................wallet is twitching.

Ar$e

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh!

So do I!

That's very nice of you to give the mention, Robin, completely and utterly unnecessary, mind.

Totally justified as you helped me no end in the early days of the build.

• RMweb Gold

I am only an occasional purchaser of magazines these days. There has to be a damn god article or two fur me to pit my shirt arms into my deep pickets......this seems to be on if these.

Locks splondid.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am only an occasional purchaser of magazines these days. There has to be a damn god article or two fur me to pit my shirt arms into my deep pickets......this seems to be on if these.

Locks splondid.

Rob.

Jyst re read the above. Rather than edit, this appears to be more appropriate....

post-14122-0-82999800-1480873568.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 3

Glad this article has been produced, and hope to see it soon.

Unfortunately, BRM is not stocked locally.  I need a (non-hobby related) reason to go to Darlington, which I think is the nearest option for me.  Must find a copy somehow!

No 22 and the Quaker Coffee House would work for me. I was surprised by the number of decent pubs on the Darlo Camra website. It is 15 years sine I spent much of an evening in Darlo.

Of course for some beer is a hobby, so may not count as a non-hobby reason.

Sorry

Oakhill

• RMweb Gold

There is obviously no piss for the wicked...

Next time I am pissing by the nose agents I will call in.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No 22 and the Quaker Coffee House would work for me. I was surprised by the number of decent pubs on the Darlo Camra website. It is 15 years sine I spent much of an evening in Darlo.

Of course for some beer is a hobby, so may not count as a non-hobby reason.

Sorry

Oakhill

Good brewery at Oakhill, was served by a proper railway of course...............

http://www.oakhillbrewery.com/brewery-history

• RMweb Gold

Yes but I don't actually mind as it gives a 'nod' to several Southern friends/followers on here,especially Graham Muz.It was the editor's [ben] choice with the photos and I was surprised none of Andy's shots of the overbridge were used.Hopefully he can post them on here in due course as there were a few superb shots taken from that angle.

Thanks for the couple of namechecks in the article Rob. Well done for deservedly getting your layout in print.