A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Have I missed something?

Yes, and so did I. Which means I now feel justified to spend 50 quid on something else, although I never intended to originally. So much for rational man.

• RMweb Gold

And sausages.

We are on about the black friday sale at the Hobby Store Faversham started on post 21653

Thanks.

I've made the tea now, and it was actually quite nice, if I say so myself.

But what was the red thing with LMS on the side of it?

Thanks.

I've made the tea now, and it was actually quite nice, if I say so myself.

But what was the red thing with LMS on the side of it?

A Large Midland Sausage served with a pint of Mild ?

Your

Aimly Joliver

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Drat. Got the dreaded "sorry we made a mistake" email from the hobby shop. No dukedog for Colin after all :(

I did wonder how many they actually had,sorry Col.

post-126-0-92553100-1480758058.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

The bad bit is that they were sold out on Thursday and must have added that one to the site afterwards. I could have understood better had they sold 6 at the same time and only had 5, but someone positively made that one available on the site when they should have known they didn't have it. Hey ho.

• RMweb Gold

I had a massive lunch today, at the most convivial gathering of the Mid Devon Finescale Group, to which DRAG members were invited. Most commodious.

We visited our local garden centre today and it was an absolute madhouse.Why do they have Christmas when the shops are so busy.

• RMweb Gold

I got up at 6 am to watch England v Australia........and sorry Robin .....Eddie Jones will not be available for the soccer team until after RWC in 2019

I shall shortly be having Lamb Korma and a large can of Speckled Hen for lunch

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Anything good in it Rob?

My copy arrived today and it seems quite interesting with a chat with Hornby's boss man.  Oh I think there's some sort of GWR layout in there judging by the pics but I doubt that would interest you young Spams.  But you never know as the article also contains a picture of a black engine with Southern written on the side, presumably the colour known as 'sunshine black' (or was it bootshine black?)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Drat. Got the dreaded "sorry we made a mistake" email from the hobby shop. No dukedog for Colin after all :(

Here's one Colin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bachmann-31-089-Class-Shirt-Button-Monogram/dp/B01ASIR2EU/ref=sr_1_25/254-5748762-2649920?ie=UTF8&qid=1480626186&sr=8-25&keywords=Bachmann+gwr

Or maybe not!

• RMweb Gold

Jokes aside, it looks fantastic Rob. And Andy's photos are superb as usual.

Sunday morning, family still asleep, cup of nice strong coffee - and this. Bliss!

post-738-0-48748600-1480834741_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Oh I think there's some sort of GWR layout in there judging by the pics but I doubt that would interest you young Spams.  But you never know as the article also contains a picture of a black engine with Southern written on the side, presumably the colour known as 'sunshine black' (or was it bootshine black?)

Yes but I don't actually mind as it gives a 'nod' to several Southern friends/followers on here,especially Graham Muz.It was the editor's [ben] choice with the photos and I was surprised none of Andy's shots of the overbridge were used.Hopefully he can post them on here in due course as there were a few superb shots taken from that angle.

• Like 4