A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

What are you using as a brake van on the van train?

I love your prairie shots but they are, sadly, a constant reminder of my failure to find an effective way of mounting kadees on the body rather than the bogie.......I havent entirely given up because they are real favourites of mine ...such iconic branch locos

Best Wishes from a very sunny Vancouver

John

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

What are you using as a brake van on the van train?

John

My E147 brake composite.There are many photos in the Kingsbridge branch books of such workings that I've just transferred to mainline workings.One such train had an ex LNER brake third attached.

Tomorrow will probably use the K42.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My E147 brake composite.There are many photos in the Kingsbridge branch books of such workings that I've just transferred to mainline workings.One such train had a ex LNER brake third attached.

Tomorrow will probably use the K42.

Thanks Rob.......virtually all my stock is RTR. I was looking for a suitable brake van for my Milk Train......hence the question. My two new Bow ends are committed but I guess I could use one of my newly surplus Bachmann Sunshines

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Aha!

Nothing like a pesky prairie to lighten the day.....

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

loving that. A junction station at work. :)

There will be another one along soon (2018) but it might not be suitable for those of a GWR nervous disposition (except for the diversions and a bit in 1963 and 1965). :scared:

Philth

• RMweb Gold

They look very much like Mr Hornby's effort (one even has the same running number as a Hornby one)

Very much so and very nice too although I did paint the ends black and got Glenn to waft some of his magic on them.A siphon g to match from Hornby please...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A second opinion needed here as I'm thinking of glueing a two bar telegraph pole to the backscene to cover the one printed to give a 3d effect.Do you think it would work as obviously I can't plant it behind the wall as it's stuck to the background.

post-126-0-00102400-1459789452_thumb.jpeg

• Like 13