A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I have a number of fire points dotted around Granby......over many years I have always painted the buckets red with black handles and the stands white.....I can't for the life of me remember where I got that scheme from.....it just seems " right" somehow. I have a feeling it was like that in the army?

Regards from a very wet and windy Vancouver

John

• RMweb Gold

A bit of a tease here as 3440 is seen on the first weekend in December with the Santa Special to Loddiswell. This thread is booked for next weekends trip and a photoshoot.

post-126-0-60365600-1449340163_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

It's actually those two WAAFs all dressed up.

For those of you that missed my blog post, here are a couple of WAAFs for the down station building painted superbly by Purple Primer.

post-126-0-37544000-1449427429_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-46861200-1449427452_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

A propos of Spitfires, just watched the Guy Martin and the last Vulcan documentary that was on the other night. Utterly amazed to see the RAF sending up a Spitfire to investigate a problem when the Vulcan reported that the landing gear hadn't quite fully come down, when preparing to land at Preswick Airport, Glasgow.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Lovely eyes (sorry Rob, not you......). Loved that film, especially the intro and of course, "Achtung, Spitfire........." and then the listings in the Credits; quite sad really.

Phil

daka!-daka!-daka!-daka!-daka!-daka!-daka!-daka!........

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind a family of pork pies.

Morrison's have Blackpudding mini pork pies at their Deli counter at 4 for £1.25,

apparently I'm the only one buying them in PZ.

However the lads at 'The Legion', in the Village, seem to wolf them done with great glee...

The mini pies have a nice spicy taste to them and (for me anyway) none of that 'cold' jelly.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well we've had a response from Hornby concerning last week's query on 4013 'Knight of St Patrick'.The website cgi illustration is incorrect and the model will be released without steam pipes. :yes: I will be getting one now as it opens the possibilty of more renames.It looks like I'll be ok to model 4012 Knight of The Thistle.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Rob, I have an idea for you and ANTB.

You could buy the Hornby Railroad "Adderley Hall" and simply change the tender from "Great (crest) Western" to "G (crest) W" because the loco part is already in post war GW livery already (including without any lining on the cylinders).

I've seen pictures of Halls in the post-war era but pre-nationalisation running with 3500 gallon Churchward tenders.

Edited by OnTheBranchline

• RMweb Gold

Well we've had a response from Hornby concerning last week's query on 4013 'Knight of St Patrick'.The website cgi illustration is incorrect and the model will be released without steam pipes. :yes: I will be getting one now as it opens the possibilty of more renames.

Good news, a star should definitely be coming this way next year!