A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Robin,

I'm concerned that as it's a Sunday the cleaners at Tigley junc seemed to have forgotten how to get those engine GWR clean. I realise there has been a war, but surely by now, those tank locos would have been gleaming....

Maybe those Finching girls could get a sparkle on those Panniers   :O

Edited by Neal Ball

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed the shots of your Panniers, Rob. I firmly believe you can never have too many Panniers icon_lol.gif.

Will you be ordering a 94xx? I suspect I will succumb although I am not sure how many got up to North Wales.

Forgive the change of location and loco but SAUSAGES have not been mentioned for a while:

post-465-0-67333500-1447697587_thumb.jpg 

Regards from a very wet Vancouver

• Like 9

Anybody still complaining about the price of a Bachmann Autocoach? Just buy a nice Airfix one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GWR-WW2-Auto-Coach-by-Unique-Wagons-00-Gauge-/252162197741?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Would suit your layout Robin....

Modern wide couplings? Does that mean they got some dope day replacement bogies from somewhere?

• RMweb Gold

Rissoles.

I had those once. I found a diet with less fibre and suitable ointment to be of benefit. After a relatively short time I was able to once again ride my bicycle in comfort. 

Rob 

• RMweb Premium

It would be really nice to see a Pannier 'sandwich' sometime,   Also some 0-4-2s, Newton had some in the late forties so perhaps a bit too early for the era.

Brian.

Oo-er missus!

Edited by Waraqah

• RMweb Gold

R U getting a new Hornby 'King' Rob? 

I'd echo that question, although thinking about it, I might recall Robin saying something about waiting for the Hattons/DJM one?

Agreed and unless Hornby bring a post war liveried version it will stay that way at the moment.

• Like 1