A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Work IT Nanny won't let me see Facebook, what's that all about, then?

I saw a ROD at Plymuff in 1958; it might well have been 17 as well but I can't BA to see if it had already been scrapped. It was LE going west and could have been going to the Dockyard to be scrapped and turned into a Nuclear Submarine.

Yo.

Yellow Submarine.

• RMweb Premium

I've stopped the fags, and the beer, and no longer play with asbestos or used engine oil.

No processed meat now, or sugar, and fried food is a thing of the past..........

So I can look forward to living to 110 and a life of total deafness, semi blindness, double incontinence, with no living relatives or friends.

Pass the HP............

I suspect too that you may have already forgotten wot you just wrote. 

I suspect you may have already forgotten wot 

I suspect, suspect you may have forgotten you just  

I suspect you....................................pardon? 

Good evening.

• RMweb Gold

Which one Rob?

6803 Bucklebury Grange.Hamleys toy shop did it too by the look of it but has sold out.Harrods had at least three left from memory.I was surprised to see Hornby on sale in their store.I only went in to go in the food hall for a mooch but ended up doing the whole store.

• RMweb Gold

6803 Bucklebury Grange.Hamleys toy shop did it too by the look of it but has sold out.Harrods had at least three left from memory.I was surprised to see Hornby on sale in their store.I only went in to go in the food hall for a mooch but ended up doing the whole store.

Thanks - In presumed it would be although its ages since I bought mine.  Ran very sweetly straight out of the box on a friend's layout (Western of course) down in Newbury.  Only problem with it is taht it comes without a spindle to teh vacuum pump but - amazingly - the green isn't too bad at all.

I don't think anyone's using Westmoreland at the moment.

Just as well really, I understand Cumberland is now inedibly linked with the wrong kind of sausage.

• RMweb Gold

Saw this item for sale in a local antique shop advertised as a GWR cast iron plate.Anyone have any idea what it was used for.It was about 8 inch square. £35.

post-126-0-06060800-1446056373_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'd suggest "for branding unbelievers", but the letters would come out the wrong way.

By the way, that shirtbutton or totem was used in GW publicity significantly in advance of its use in locomotive and carriage livery.  Last week I came across an example from 1932!

What, I wonder, is the earliest example we can find?

P.S. I assume we can take it as read that you will buy this?!?

Edited by Edwardian

• RMweb Gold

I'd suggest "for branding unbelievers", but the letters would come out the wrong way.

By the way, that shirtbutton or totem was used in GW publicity significantly in advance of its use in locomotive and carriage livery.  Last week I came across an example from 1932!

What, I wonder, is the earliest example we can find?

P.S. I assume we can take it as read that you will buy this?!?

SWMBO offered to buy it for me but I declined as there are needs elsewhere.

• RMweb Gold

Clearly, if somewhat unsurprisingly, you are a better man than I.

I would have bitten the Mem's hand off down to the ankle in the incredibly unlikely event of such an offer.

On the other hand .... How important can these other 'needs' really be?  I fear you have suffered a serious, and hopefully temporary, loss of perspective!