A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Rob - are you taking photo requests for the weekend?

If so, what about the 72XX with some mixed freight please?

Or a Hall and vans

or any NPCCS

TY

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I really don't think all this talk of water columns is really helping those concerned with incontinence.  Just because its on topic for a change is no excuse such a lack of consideration!

Flush. Gurgle. Drip, drip. Splash.

I have the Mike's Models water columns, and never questioned their fidelity or quality - are they old hat these days, do either of the more recent offerings represent an improvement?

I've got a couple of Mike's Models ones as well, but will need more for the new layout - hence my interest.

post-21039-0-30279100-1445032588_thumb.jpg

Photo taken by Terry Onslow of Swindon, circa 1984.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

The Dartmoor Hunt races out of South Brent and up to the Station to confront the Spooners crew and to tell them to keep to the West of the Clapper Bridge in future if they know what's good for them.

attachicon.gifdartmoorhuntedit.png

That bloke on the left side horse at the front smells like Mr Kitchener off the Archers ( reason why I can no longer even stay in the room when that's on for SWMBO) and yes I know it's only a radio soap but ########

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

The humble pannier seems popular as we see 3796 arrive at Brent.I think it's time we had another quality rtr GWR vehicle. A siphon perhaps.

attachicon.gifDSCN7163.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7164.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7165.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7166.jpg

Why has a 'passenger' train got a freight brakevan?  Interesting area this as horses were definitely passenger rated traffic so rightly should have a  passenger van although some undoubtedly finished yup on freight trip workings.

• RMweb Gold

Why has a 'passenger' train got a freight brakevan?  Interesting area this as horses were definitely passenger rated traffic so rightly should have a  passenger van although some undoubtedly finished yup on freight trip workings.

The hunt needed somewhere to put their Plymouth Gin for the Finching Sisters.Should I have used a K40 instead then.

post-126-0-38106800-1445176795_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-28908900-1445176868_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

A few more as we see the pannier put the train into the cattle dock siding.Hopefully Hornby's Colletts sell well enough for them to consider a full brake to match.

post-126-0-15000900-1445184268_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-50304600-1445184291_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Rob,

Over the past year my strong liking for tender engines, particularly Manors, Granges, Dukedogs & 43xx has been gradually replaced with a liking for Panniers and Prairies so as far as I am concerned you can keep 'em coming.

Regards,

Dave

• Like 2