A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

It's been a busy end to the week.

On Thursday evening I was at this event:

post-57-0-09369800-1443897674.jpg

On Friday morning we did this:

post-57-0-94740900-1443897698.jpg

And today I went here:

post-57-0-06604700-1443897712.jpg

To formally declare this 'open':

post-57-0-95034500-1443897749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 4

It's been a busy end to the week.

On Thursday evening I was at this event:

attachicon.gif20151001_211353.jpg

On Friday morning we did this:

attachicon.gif20151002_114313.jpg

And today I went here:

attachicon.gif20151003_100504.jpg

To formally declare this 'open':

attachicon.gif20151003_101617.jpg

Is the 3rd photo Worle by any chance ?

• RMweb Premium

Someone mentioned Cardiff? - so just for you.

This is the last pic I took, through the train window 

attachicon.gif019_DS~1.jpg

before I took this one

attachicon.gif020_DS~1.jpg

and the next one after that was this one

attachicon.gif021_DS~1.jpg

Cardiff Station's been upgraded a bit since you took those Mike. As some might not be aware, the old loco depot is leased by Downer Rail and is where the Waratah trains were completed before commissioning and entry into service.

post-21039-0-24734200-1443917425_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Trust all is well family wise Rob, obviously not a day to have been shopping in Sainsburys.

A nasty crash Mike and one that's been waiting to happen for years in my opinion.

• RMweb Gold

What a cracking photo Larry and I didn't realise that autocoaches had security bars on the windows.The Bachmann model is imminent and I look forward to getting my maroon version.

What diagram is the coach in the photo.

Edited by gwrrob

What a cracking photo Larry and I didn't realise that autocoaches had security bars on the windows.

Later types had no windows at the trailing ends and steel panels where the windows would have been.   I think you will find that the Hawksworth type was built with the steel panels.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

What a cracking photo Larry and I didn't realise that autocoaches had security bars on the windows.The Bachmann model is imminent and I look forward to getting my maroon version.

What diagram is the coach in the photo.

They're not security bars in quite the way you're thinking - the 'security' bit is to stop lumps of coal coming through (hence the change to fully sheeted ends).

Now as that duck chappie likes big green streamlined engines here's his special treat for today.  I always liked the look of these in pictures when I was a youngster so it really was something to come across this one completely by chance while on a trip to somewhere else one Saturday morning.

post-6859-0-25558300-1443959505_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Senior moment this morning when mentioning a Hawksworth Auto Trailer. It was this particular vehicle. I didn't get the running number so it is either a Diagram A26 or A28.  Unlike the longer 62' Auto Trailer on which the Airfix model is based, these 58' 6" vehicles did not have recessed drivers door and ran on  7' w.b. Plate bogies, As can be seen the coaches were not flush-sided. My wife is sat on the bench refusing to have her photo taken, bless her cotton socks.

post-6680-0-60947500-1443960116.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 13