A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Captain Blackadder: "I then leapt on the opportunity to test you. I asked if he had been to one of the great universities, Oxford, Cambridge, or Hull"

Nurse Mary: "Well?"

Captain Bladder: "You failed to spot that only two of those are great universities"

Nurse Mary: "Swine!"

General Melchett: "That's right! Oxford's a complete dump!"

• RMweb Gold

And I thought that Captain Blackadder attended the University of Life.

Or am I confusing real life with something not real life?  Never quite sure.

Anyway, as everyone knows, the two greatest universities in the land are Cambridge and University College Wales, Aberystwyth, though I am sure that Hull is also excellent. 

• RMweb Premium

Nice....

attachicon.gifO2-01.JPG

attachicon.gifO2-02.JPG

attachicon.gifO2-03.JPGattachicon.gifO2-04.JPG

Ooops. Wrong thread :angel:

That's got more weird pipes than a set of bagpipes in a bagpipe factory.  Tis nice though and I shall be very tempted by 30193....................................ummmmm nooooooooo, I must not!

Q

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Can't see "O2" without hearing it spoken with a Sheffield accent.  Can't think why.

Great model.  Nicer in lined olive green, though (even nicer in Drummond livery, but I suspect I can whistle for that!).

That polished cab opening surround and cab handrails need a coat of black. This embellishment looks so toylike along with the silver bands on the pump, and is a never-was except on one or two IOW draftees. Looks to me like a preservation thing. If the bands on the pump were polished, it is likely with were brass.

Edited by coachmann